2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

The term is "statuesque".  It would be even more accurate if you played unclothed, like the sculptures of antiquity.

Enforcer doesn't wear pants.  And why did you remind us of that fact?

My theory is he thinks it is funny to get past the no shirt, no shoes no service loophole on a techicality

On 8/16/2018 at 11:01 AM, Cygnia said:

Given this city, I'd think they'd mark out if it was Arthur Treacher's instead...

I looked at that article on the chain, which used to have an outlet in Portland, and realized I am their target customer base. There really aren't very many places to get nice, inexpensive Fish & Chips in Portland -- even the mediocre Skipper's chain is long gone. If anyone knows Portland, please point me to a good chip shop. I'm craving them,

Manziel did not play in Montreal's most recent game in Edmonton. They still lost, but they scores 24 points (losing 40-24) which is better than they've done with Johnny Football. Officially, he's on the "one game injured list", but I think the Canadian club is looking for a graceful way out of what is rapidly becoming a debacle. I suspect he'll be out of football soon, for good this time. And then we'll only hear about him again if he does something stupid and ends up on trial.

Has a coach ever been fired in the preseason? because most of the talking heads at ESPN are calling for Hue Jackson's head after he put an injured Tyrod Taylor back into last night's preseason game against the Eagles rather than giving Baker Mayfield game reps with the first team.

Hue Jackson has somehow survived a regular season record of 1-31 in two years in Cleveland, because even Browns management acknowledged he had nothing to work with. But there are some guys on the Browns who can actually play this game now. And putting Taylor back into a meaningless exhibition game makes no sense, especially if you're wedded to the idea that he is your starting quarterback.

ANd the city of Cleveland, is probably wedded to the idea Mayfield is at least their Great Hope of the Future, so giving him a taste of 1st team would at least help soothe some things.  (besides regardless of what Taylor does when they are at 2-11, Mayfield will probably start the final 3 or so games anyway)