2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that he hasn't picked up some attention from somewhere. He has at least started a few NFL games recently, which is more than you can say for some backups in this league.

Yeah, if Allen does amount to anything, it will be avoiding playing him too early this year.  (oops)

Course, you never he may change his mind in a day or 2.  I know in baseball, Bill "Spaceman" Lee retired from the Red Sox for a day in 1978, after he threw a hissy fit over them trading away his favorite buddy to smoke marijuana with.  

Although not waiting till the end of the game is burning the bridges to a whole new level.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

And I heard a Bills player decided to retire at halftime.  

It's...interesting.  Story is here:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/buffalo-bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-los-angeles-chargers

I grant that doing it at halftime is bizarre, but by the same token, if his body is saying "I can't do this"....how could he play the second half?  10 years in the league is 10 years of serious wear and tear.  The part that's weak is apparently just walking away without saying anything.  

The OT rules are actually only *slightly* different from the past.  The only time the not-quite-sudden-death comes in, for a tied final result, is if the team receiving the kickoff makes the FG, THEN the other team goes down to kick the FG.  Not common.  And note that both ties were because fairly short FGs were missed as time expired.

9 hours ago, Pariah said:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that he hasn't picked up some attention from somewhere. He has at least started a few NFL games recently, which is more than you can say for some backups in this league.

I wouldn't touch any QB that Denver has jettisoned.  The best you could hope for is Cutler if past performance is any indication.