2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

Bah.  Looks like I have to watch the game; we're being called up to my father-in-law's place tomorrow.

Oh well.  Hopefully it'll be better than watching golf.  Maybe not, though, depending on how idiotic and slanted the commentators are.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

No worry about the Rams getting away with pass interference.  Quite the opposite, Marcus Peters might still get called for pass interference while being burned for a TD. (while never within 2 yds of receiver)

To say nothing of Rob Gronkowski and offensive pass interference.

For the record I live 7 miles from Gillette Stadium and find your remarks extremely hurtful.

Goodbye

And you can forget about that draft. Right now I don't want anything to do with you miserable f***s.

Edited by Hermit
Come on, it's been a sticky for months

7 hours ago, Doc Shadow said:

For the record I live 7 miles from Gillette Stadium and find your remarks extremely hurtful.

Goodbye

And you can forget about that draft. Right now I don't want anything to do with you miserable fucks.

Did he just leave the boards because people hate and insult his football team???

PS:  Secretly wishes the Bengals were, JUST ONCE, competent enough to get someone to hate and insult them.  :(

I'm a lousy sports fan -- for my own mental health, I can't watch championship games when NE/Boston is playing.  I kicked a hole in the wall when they lost to the Giants that first time.

That's not safe, folks.  I know I will take it too personally.

So, I'll be watching either the Puppy Bowl or listening to a true crime podcast tonight after I get back from class.

4 hours ago, Starlord said:

PS:  Secretly wishes the Bengals were, JUST ONCE, competent enough to get someone to hate and insult them.  :(

Well, you did get Baker Mayfield throwing shade at your newly-hired assistant coach during a game last season. That's a start, right?

Just turned off the Super Bowl.

I have been playing a lot of EA NCAA Football 2010 lately, and one of the most common, and frustrating problems with that game is that, if you are doing too well, the AI begins calling ridiculous penalties to stop you. You will tackle someone around the knees and get called for a facemask. You will be break a 50 yard run for a touchdown, with no opposing player within 20 yards of you, and right before you cross the goal line you will see the yellow "FLAG" indicator and get hit with a clipping penalty because supposedly one of your players who is 30 yards behind you must have decided to cut out the legs of a defensive player who is also 30 yards behind you.

That is just a video game, and I suppose the AI wants to prevent the game getting boring because of human players blowing out the computer opponents.

However, in a little over a quarter of play, in what should be the most important pro football game of the year, I have seen:

The Patriots offsides penalty being turned into a delay of game on the Rams.

The Rams given a 15 yard penalty for tackling a Patriot who caught a pass. (didn't know that was illegal now) 

A blatant clothesline/horse-collar tackle by the Patriots turned into a false start on the Rams.

After the egregious non-call in the Saints game ( a  team I could not care less about, but a bad call is a bad call ) you would think there would be at least an effort to appear to do a better job.

Aparrently not.

If the NFL was a GM we would call it railroading. The narrative is that the Patriots are going to win, and nothing that the players do is going to change that.

I am not really much of a pro football fan, so If the NFL wants to just put the trophy on permanent display in Tom Brady's locker, that is their right.

But I would rather watch pro-wrestling if the outcome is pre-determined.

They may as well bring in Bill Alfonso and let him call it "right down the middle".

He already has a whistle.

KA.