2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

The Patriots have typically been willing to take on controversial players that could be real contributors (the chief difference between them and the Raiders). If he still has the drive and the talent, New England would probably be a good fit for him. Coach Belichick has more than demonstrated that doesn't give a flying and/or wild damn what the critics think. Having 8 Super Bowl rings will do that for you.

The Steelers seem really screwed here**.  Everyone now knows Brown has to be traded, they still get a huge portion of his salary hitting their cap, and his overall trade value is damaged due to his recent internet antics/personal troubles and he seems to be demanding a new contract with guaranteed money from the team that gets him.

**  Which, as a Bengals fan, I'm perfectly giddy about.

I'm still waiting to hear more before I form a real opinion.  But it sounds like he got swept up in a human trafficking investigation, and I've paid attention to human trafficking ever since I had to sit on a jury in a human trafficking case. 

I suspect this has little actual bearing on the Patriots or the NFL.  Though I suppose the former could find themselves under new ownership.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Yeah, certain juries I probably couldn't handle being on, if ever called upon. (like human trafficking, rape, child molestation)

My mother was almost put on the jury for a case in which parents who were members of a church that denied medicine (in favor of healing through prayer) were accused of letting their child die by neglect. Mom is very deeply religious, and very spiritual by nature, so a case like that shook her to her very core. She did not make the cut, for which she was grateful -- hearing six weeks worth of argument on that might well have broken her spirit.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

My mother was almost put on the jury for a case in which parents who were members of a church that denied medicine (in favor of healing through prayer) were accused of letting their child die by neglect. Mom is very deeply religious, and very spiritual by nature, so a case like that shook her to her very core. She did not make the cut, for which she was grateful -- hearing six weeks worth of argument on that might well have broken her spirit.

Yeah, my mother is very religious herself.  And I also share her protective instinct towards children which would be a big reason why the child molestation type case would probably get to me.