Petey's 2018 Winter Olympics Thread

I don't know if the hockey tournaments have started, but I haven't been able to find much on the App.

I have seen the Mogul final, or at least part of it. I was immediately reminded of a Portland ski shop that frequently advertised on local radio called Mogul Mouse. Their slogan was "Mogul Mouse! Whoop-De Doo!". I wonder why they decided to use that phrase, given its multiple connotations. In this case, it was meant to show excitement, much like the little big in the ad going "WHEE! WHEE! WHEE!" all the way home.

I can't stand watching anything mogul-related because it makes my knees hurt.

Younger boy's Cub Scout pack has a big potluck "banquet" every year around this time.  When we were planning for this year's, the committee was drawing a blank on what the theme should be, and I offhandedly mentioned that the Winter Olympics would be happening at the same time.  I was thinking along the lines of Olympic-themed cake decorations and tablecloths.  Now we're going to truck in five tons of "snow", hold events for nerf biathlon, bodyboard luge, and "curling" on the basketball court, destroy the church's lawn, and freeze and soak all the scouts.  What could go wrong?  What have I done?!

1 hour ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I don't know if the hockey tournaments have started, but I haven't been able to find much on the App.

I have seen the Mogul final, or at least part of it. I was immediately reminded of a Portland ski shop that frequently advertised on local radio called Mogul Mouse. Their slogan was "Mogul Mouse! Whoop-De Doo!". I wonder why they decided to use that phrase, given its multiple connotations. In this case, it was meant to show excitement, much like the little big in the ad going "WHEE! WHEE! WHEE!" all the way home.

The women's hockey tourney started a couple of days ago.

The men's hockey tourney starts on Wednesday (USA vs. Slovenia at 7:10 AM ET/4:10 AM PT on NBCSN).

A couple of web sites that might be useful to you instead of the app (or to supplement it). Can't comment on the app itself (as expected, it is not available in Canada):

http://olympics.org

http://nbcolympics.com

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Younger boy's Cub Scout pack has a big potluck "banquet" every year around this time.  When we were planning for this year's, the committee was drawing a blank on what the theme should be, and I offhandedly mentioned that the Winter Olympics would be happening at the same time.  I was thinking along the lines of Olympic-themed cake decorations and tablecloths.  Now we're going to truck in five tons of "snow", hold events for nerf biathlon, bodyboard luge, and "curling" on the basketball court, destroy the church's lawn, and freeze and soak all the scouts.  What could go wrong?  What have I done?!

You should leave where you live and move to MN or AK or some place north, then you at least wouldn't have to import snow.  :rofl:

19 hours ago, Old Man said:

Your evil surely knows no bounds!

It's going to be interesting to see how the men's hockey tournament will go now that the NHL isn't sending players anymore.

I'm not sure whether Canada or the team formerly known as Russia should be favored.

On the women's side, I hope the USA can finally break out of their 20-year (!) slump and win the gold. Canada's gonna be tough to beat, though.