WWYCD: Negator

Marcus Impudite

Your character is at Campaign City Bank (in Secret ID if applicable) when a figure in a three piece suit and a rubber Don Rickles mask walks in. He announces, "Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am Negator, and this is a robbery."

The bank security guard approaches with his gun drawn and says, "Get a load of this jerk, he's not even armed."

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you," Negator says. "You're not a very good shot. You might hit an innocent bystander, or worse shoot yourself in the foot."

The bank guard drops his gun and falls to the floor crying like a child.

Negator then approaches a man standing in line and says, "Nice haircut pal, I see your wife got a new pot."

The man falls to the floor crying and sobbing.

Negator approaches a woman in the same line and says to her, "That is a lovely dress. Was the Salvation Army having a sale?"

The woman falls to the floor crying and sobbing.

Nagator approaches the bank teller and says, "It must be hell counting and handing out so much money on your crappy salary."

The bank teller falls to the floor crying and Negator hops over the counter. He immediately begins emptying the cash drawers into a black drawstring trashbag he brought with him.

WWYCD?

John Roberts/Sunburn: Stop him, of course. He might be an ex-superhero, but he still holds life and liberty and law in high regard.

Paradox Timely: Is the robbery supposed to happen? Is Negator supposed to get away with it? Sometimes being a secret time cop is hell.

Jet Justice: Why is this man putting strange green (and blue for the new 20's) paper into a black bag? You mean that the paper is the equivalent of Terrean Credit? Then Stop In The Name Of The Terren Space Police!

Scardey Cat says "Uhm you do know that not only is that money full of die packs that could explode in your hand at any moment? That's not even counting the possibility that the cops have a perfect picture of your face. Their probably on their way here right now and you'll get shot. Or they'll just run you face and prints and shoot you at home.

The Negatior backs away from the till in fear, and flees the bank.

Mr. X Depends on what powers he has at the moment. If none seem applicable he pulls the tracer he just happens to have in his pocket out. Places it on the Negatior. Waits an hour to change powers including a high level of mental resistance and tracker locator.

Darkblade Huh Mind controller. Well lets see if he can control me. Draws the  darkblade and launches a sneak attack leap.

Black Knight (whose "secret identity" isn't all that secret) jumps the counter and punches Negator in the mouth hard enough to break his jaw.

Silverstreak (speedster) wraps him like a mummy in duct tape--including his mouth--and calls the police to come get him.

Lahar Vulcan waits until Negator has a sackful of cash, then teleports next to Negator (causing a grenade-like explosion both where he vanishes, and where he appears), grabs the sack, and teleports away. (Hey, he's a villain.)

• 2 weeks later...

Quasar - Quasar would use his helmet radio to alert his city's hero team (he has them as contacts), the local & state police Metahuman Responce Teams (he has them as contacts), and the regional PRIMUS office (he has them as contacts).  Then, trusting to his battlesuit's Personal Psyonic Suppressors, he would enter the bank and peacefully apprehend the villain.

Shadowhunter - Having undergone years of mental training & conditioning, Shadowhunter is sure he can withstand this villain's attacks.  He would confidently enter the bank by a rear entrance, sneak his way into the lobby, and then spring from the shadows, attacking from surprise with an uppercut to the jaw.  Once Negator was unconscious Shadowhunter would instruct the bank manager to phone the police, and then with a hiss of black smoke he would melt back into the shadows and disappear.

Mystica - "No, you have this wrong.  I am Mystica.  Mystic.  Is in name, see?  This is psyonic.  Similar, but different.  Is simple, common, and highly ANOYING mistake.  See you no make AGAIN!  You want Mind Maiden, not Mystica.  You call her now.  What?  No, I DON'T have phone number.  I look like Yellow Pages to you?  What?  Yellow Pages.  YELLOW PAGES!  There used to be these books...  KRULKA!  GO!!  Leave Mystica alone.  You leave now while you still have SOUL!!!"

Ice Rider, former circus performer, turned Llama tamer. 

Having finally scrounged up enough money from kids birthday parties he's ready to open a bank account. Seeing this guy come in he's forced to act, unfortunately he's in his secret identity. Unable to Simply seal his mouth in a block of ice Ice Rider takes a different approach.

"Hey, hockey puck, let me guess you put on that outfit because you have a face for radio and a voice for silent movies." In the moments before he is insulted and forced to cry, Ice Rider whistles, sending his llama, Dolly charging into the bank to barrel over the villain with a taste for the classics.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, Badger said:

It seems his insults have some power.

Well for my namesake, Negator theoretically will not have a happy ending (barring having unusually high CON).  Being insulted would either have no effect, or turn him berserk.  Do you really want someone going by Badger go into berserk mode?

Thinking about it, this might not be the greatest supervillain "power".   Because, some PCs are going to have rough backstory's (my namesake PC being one),  in many such cases they will either remain silently stoic, or (again in my PC) if any affect be more prone to rage against the source.  Either way not prone to cringe in corner  (again unless this some kind of magic/psychic attack).  Negator might need some extra power to survive in this line of work (or at least a hearty CON and rapid Healing :winkgrin: )

Earth Girl wouldn't be in a temple of materialistic greed in the first place, so she sits this one out.

If Negator is using some sort of Presence Attack I'd imagine Super Model's very high PRE and dismissive personality would insulate her pretty well. If it's Mind Control, she's a lot more vulnerable, but I'm not sure if she's ever actually cried in her life—maybe getting an Eastern European fashion model who can lift a bus offended enough to slap you isn't a good idea. In any event I imagine her strutting up to Negator, shushing him with a finger to his lips, and then dislocating his jaw so he can be taken in by the authorities without any of this foolishness.

I'm almost certain Kurzhaan the Conqueror would be immune to Negator's schtick—between monstrously high EGO and PRE and respectable Mental Defense I doubt anyone is going to pressure him into breaking down over his nonexistent insecurities. If Negator is actually reading his victims' minds to get grist for his insults, he's going to have a very bad day:

Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know: Major Transform 1d6 (sentient being into gibbering lunatic; heals back by lobotomy or successful Psionic Surgery [Mental Transform], AVAD (Mental Defense; +0], Area Of Effect (personal Surface — Damage Shield; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Damage Over TIme (24 damage increments, damage occurs every Hour for 1 Day, target’s defenses only apply once, can’t be re-used on same target until all damage has accrued, can be negated by possessing KS: Arcane and Occult Lore at 13- or greater or by erasing the memory of mental contact with Psionic Surgery; +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Works Against EGO, Not BODY (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Limited Target (sentient beings; -1/4) Mental Contact Only (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (-1/2). Total cost: 13 points.

Young Scratch is a literal sarcastic teenager from Hell, so it is ON for the composure-shattering insult title match!