HERO System Mobile

sentry0

The hidden click to view feature is really cool way to reduce clutter. It may need documentation added to a central navigation Tab so folks know it's there.

The Notes appear to still need a space and/or a hard return added as they currently display immediately after the END costs instead of the next row like they should (IMHO). The Power descriptions also need a space added after the ":" and the actual mechanical build.

Dave :D 

5 hours ago, Hyper-Man said:

The Notes appear to still need a space and/or a hard return added as they currently display immediately after the END costs instead of the next row like they should (IMHO). The Power descriptions also need a space added after the ":" and the actual mechanical build.

I agree that their needs to be a break before notes, I've added that to my TODO list.

I think there is actually a space after the ":" it's just that the font butchers it :)  I'll look into it though and confirm/deny that.

On 31/03/2018 at 1:06 PM, Hyper-Man said:

Wow. The latest updates look great on the iPhone and PC.

PC? Can you let me know how you are able to make it run on your PC? I'd love to use the app on my laptop during games (and all my players would also). It works on my iPhone, but I have an old phone and the screen is small. Being able to use it on a laptop would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, mallet said:

PC? Can you let me know how you are able to make it run on your PC? I'd love to use the app on my laptop during games (and all my players would also). It works on my iPhone, but I have an old phone and the screen is small. Being able to use it on a laptop would be amazing. 

Sorry,

I was referring to the other normal export he also added in the Champions forum and it just happens that both had what I thought were similar issues.

HM

23 minutes ago, mallet said:

Ah, okay. That makes sense. But dang, had my hopes up that someone had invented/figured out a work around so it could be used on a PC. 

You could try Bluestacks...https://www.bluestacks.com/

I have no idea if it would work though...if you can't find the app in their store you should be able to manually install the APK.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Humm. Trying to find a pore man's Roll 20 app, since I can't download Roll 20 for my Android (seems my Android is not powerful enough).

Looks like your options are pretty limited...https://alternativeto.net/software/roll20/

I would ask your question here - https://www.herogames.com/forums/forum/40-other-software-online-resources/ the learned sages there probably have a better idea than I do.

Metamorph [Multiform]

Male Char Female

20 STR 15

18 DEX 20

20 CON 18

12 BODY 11

18 INT 18

11 EGO 14

15 PRE 15

18 COM 18

6 PD 5

4 ED 5

4 SPD 4

10 REC 8

50 END 50

32 STUN 28

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

Cost Skills

8 CSL: Combat +1

2 Navigation [Air] 13-

15 Occupational Skill Set

Total Skills Cost: 25 Points

Cost Powers

45 Armor +15 rPD +15 rED

50 Multipower (50 Points)

5 u) EB 10d6

5 u) Multiform: 250 Points

2 u) Running +5", 8x NCM

3 u) STR +30

Total Powers Cost: 125 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

10 DNPC: Normal (Normal) 8-

10 Hunted: Arch Enemy (As Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Evil Organization (As Powerful) 8-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

20 PsyL: Code Versus Killing (Common/Total)

20 PsyL: Protective Of Innocents (Very Common/Strong)

10 SocL: Secret Identity (Occasionally/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

5 hours ago, Cassandra said:

Anything not expressly forbidden is allowed.

Besides, it's merely a method for obtaining a cost break on the blast, running, and strength by over paying for the multiform. If the base character paid 70 points for multiform with the highest cost being 250 points (which is what was paid in the multipower), they could have sixteen different forms instead of four but would be hard pressed to get the running, blast, and strength from the remaining ten points. 

The idea behind this Multipower approach is to simulate characters like Vixen who can channel different forms of animal powers, Iron Man who can change suits each with a different power set, and Batman who can summon vehicles and powered armor.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, C-Note said:

So has development stopped on this, or is sentry0 just taking a break?  We're using the tool every game session now.  Awesome work!

Development hasn't stopped per si, I'm just letting it settle for a bit now that it's mostly stable.

There's a couple of low hanging fruit in my list of things to fix/add that I plan on tackling soon-ish :)

On 4/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, Watchman Mk. IV said:

A Multiform Multipower?  I'd definitely classify that as an abuse.

Even in 6e this is explicitly allowed in the rules.

6e1, pg 398

"A character could buy a Power such as Multiform or Summon through a Power Framework and define the alternate form(s) or Summonee(s) as having Power Frameworks of their own without violating the above rules, unless the GM rules otherwise."

I allow it on a case by case basis for extremely complex mechanics as long as it is not abused. And I have had a character who used it who was actually rather underpowered for the campaign but managed to get by because of the versatility. If it ever came to knock down drag outs, they were always the first one stunned out, though.

EDIT: I'll also say that I have been very lucky that the few munchkins I have had as players were not advanced enough in Hero Fu to even attempt this kind of thing. They tend more toward the VPP's and weird AVAD ("Was born on a full moon in Ireland") kind of things. Those who get the system enough usually have also understood balance as well.

- E

Edited by eepjr24
Caveat

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Kenny Garg said:

I have updated my Google Pixel 2 XL from Android 7.0 to Android 8.1 today and now when I will open the HERO System Mobile app it simply display a blank white screen during startup and crashes itself. Any idea how do I fix it guys?

Kenny Garg
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Thanks for the bug report.  I'm actually running Android 8.1 on a Pixel 1 myself but without issues.

Have you tried a reinstall?

• 2 months later...

I've received a handful of bug reports over the last few months of people having issues loading the characters into the app...here are some observations about the issue:

1. I currently believe that DropBox does NOT work as a loading location
  2. Google Drive and iCloud seem to be the most reliable way to load a character
  3. Some android phones have been sketchy with loading from the phone directly
    • I helped someone with a Samsung Note that kept getting a permission error when trying to load from the local file system
    • There may be more phones affected by this bug
  4. I think that reading from and SD card may be an issue

I could use some help on points 1 and 4 to verify that they are indeed broken if anyone is feeling bored ;)

Thanks for the bug reports!