Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

OK, last thing I'll suggest: reboot your phone and try again.

 

It's the Hail Mary of troubleshooting but you may as well try it if you haven't yet.

 

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, C-Note said:

 

Nope.

 

Where are you loading the character from?  Drive or local?  Have you tried switching up the load location?

 

It's probably not related but I have had similar reports from people in the past with regards to issues with loading characters.

 

I will dig into this tonight with Android Studio and see what I can do.  All I can do there is try to emulate your Droid and see if it breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

 

Where are you loading the character from?  Drive or local?  Have you tried switching up the load location?

 

It's probably not related but I have had similar reports from people in the past with regards to issues with loading characters.

 

I will dig into this tonight with Android Studio and see what I can do.  All I can do there is try to emulate your Droid and see if it breaks.

 

I tried loading it from local directories.  Documents and Downloads.  Crashes when opening Compound Power equipment.  Tried loading from microSD card.  Character doesn't load at all.  MicroSD card formatted as exFAT if that matters.  Thank you for all your help.  I will try it on my tablet later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C-Note said:

 

I tried loading it from local directories.  Documents and Downloads.  Crashes whe opening Compound Power equipment.  Tried loading from microSD card.  Character doesn't load at all.  MicroSD card formatted as exFAT if that matters.

 

Can you try from Google Drive?  That seems to be the least problematic location to load from, that and iCloud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

 

Can you try from Google Drive?  That seems to be the least problematic location to load from, that and iCloud.

 

Same problem from Google Drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, C-Note said:

 

Same problem from Google Drive.

 

Haha... Ok, I'm legit out of ideas... I'll see what I can dig up in Android Studio this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C-Note said:

My phone is encrypted, if that matters.

 

It may matter... I'll see if I can setup an emulator to use encryption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, C-Note said:

My phone is encrypted, if that matters.

 

Good news, kinda.  I was able to reproduce it.

 

So basically, this is an issue with the production build but not the developer build I typically run.  There's a "warning" that pops up for me when opening a compound power in developer mode that I was ignoring, it's a minor one... at least I thought it was.  Warnings don't usually cause a crash to desktop like this but this one sure is :)

 

I'll get it fixed for the next release... probably sometime over the weekend as my work on supporting 5th edition characters is going faster than I thought it would,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sentry0 said:

 

Good news, kinda.  I was able to reproduce it.

 

So basically, this is an issue with the production build but not the developer build I typically run.  There's a "warning" that pops up for me when opening a compound power in developer mode that I was ignoring, it's a minor one... at least I thought it was.  Warnings don't usually cause a crash to desktop like this but this one sure is :)

 

I'll get it fixed for the next release... probably sometime over the weekend as my work on supporting 5th edition characters is going faster than I thought it would,

 

Great news! Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found the issue after spending all night banging my head against the wall.  Very annoying bug to track down but it's been squashed.

 

I also fixed an unrelated display issue with compound powers while I was in there.

 

I'll see about pushing a build over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pushing the 1.6.1 build into production for Android and iOS as I write this.  This build continues to add support for loading 5th edition characters directly from Hero Designer files and addresses a serious crash to desktop bug.

 

Patch notes:

  • Added in support for 5th edition specific powers such as Find Weakness
  • Added support for Elemental Controls
  • Added support for 0 point characteristics with advantages
  • A warning message now appears when importing an XML character
  • Fixed a couple of display issues with Compound Powers
  • Fixed a bug with equipment which were created as Compound Powers

Using the XML export template and loading that character into the app is officially deprecated at this point.  At some point in the future I will be removing support for it entirely.. the warning message will stay in place until that time.

 

The new build should start showing up on your devices later today or tonight depending on how fast they receive approval.

 

Due to how characters are imported now I would recommend you re-import your characters, especially for 5th edition characters or characters using equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pushed the 1.6.2 build into production.  This build adds a couple of new features for equipment and adds an over/under percentage field to the result screen.

 

Patch notes:

  • The roll result screen now shows you how much you were over or under the average roll
  • Added Quantity, Weight, and Cost fields to equipment
  • Importing a character that is already loaded in the character viewer will now replace that character automatically
  • Fixed an issue with the reset button on Endurance on the combat screen
  • Fixed a display issue with Compound Powers which were composed of skills, talents, and/or perks
  • Fixed AoE costs for 5th edition characters
  • Fixed Forcewall dimensions for 5th edition characters

As usual, the build will be available in a couple of hours from now.

 

While I try to keep the need to import your characters to a minimum, this build will require you to re-import characters with equipment to fix the bug with Compound powers and skills/perks/talents.  I apologise for any inconvenience it may cause you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pushing the 1.6.3 build into production in order to address some stability issues I've been seeing in the app.

 

Patch notes:

  • Fixed a crash with loading characters from the local device
  • Fixed a crash which could occur when toggling off sounds under certain circumstances

In general, I have been analyzing the crash reports that are collected by the various app stores and am making an effort to track down and fix the issues.  For example, there have been reports of a crashing animation library which I happen to know is related to the drawer.  I am not able to reproduce the error but I did upgrade the library to the latest stable version in hopes it mitigates the crash... it's about as good as I can do without being able to locally reproduce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been working on a status effect tracker for characters this weekend.  It's a simple system that currently tracks Aid, Drain, Entangle, and Flash effects for the currently selected character.

 

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like on the Combat screen, note the "Status Effects" heading:

 

zJeJMuO.png 

 

There's UI elements to Add/Edit/Clear statuses en masse or individually.

 

Here's a screenshot of what the UI looks like when adding a drain status to a character:

 

6DwYYQ0.png

 

Should be available in the 1.7.0 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently in the process of pushing the 1.7.0 build into production.  This build includes the new status tracker tool on the Combat screen and includes a couple of bug fixes.

 

Patch notes:

  • Added tools to Add/Edit/Delete status effects on a character
  • Added Drain to the Effects screen as a selectable option
  • Fixed a bug with Complications in lists on import
  • Fixed a bug with empty lists on import

 

The patch should hit your devices later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was playing around with your App today.

 

From the character screen under rolls, the hit button won't let me update the ocv/omcv line without crashing.

 

I'm on IOS,

v 1.7 of HSM 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amorkca said:

Was playing around with your App today.

 

From the character screen under rolls, the hit button won't let me update the ocv/omcv line without crashing.

 

I'm on IOS,

v 1.7 of HSM 

 

 

 

Strange, ok... I'll take a look and see what I can find.

 

Sometimes bad data gets cached by the app... you may want to clear your cache under settings and see if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, sentry0 said:

 

Strange, ok... I'll take a look and see what I can find.

 

Sometimes bad data gets cached by the app... you may want to clear your cache under settings and see if it helps.

 

Just retested again today on both iPad and iPhone. Even clearing the cache doesn't stop it from crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amorkca said:

 

Just retested again today on both iPad and iPhone. Even clearing the cache doesn't stop it from crashing.

 

OK, I'll fire up my simulator and see if I can reproduce it.

 

I may be in touch via DM's if I need more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...