HERO System Mobile

sentry0

I do like this app and plan to use it for my next campaign when i switch back to Hero system.

However, I am playing around with this via an iPad and it crashes every time i try to change the base cost.  When i try to change base cost a keyboard pop up. I type in the value but when I hit enter it crashes out of the app.

I an running an iPad air (4th generation) with iPad OS 15.3.1

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, pdyson said:

Hey. Just trying out the app.  It looks great by the way.  

Couple of comments/questions.

Settings toggles don't change color or shade when you turn an option on or off.

Also, I may be missing it, but I don't see that the app shows the Endurance cost for a power. I see the D6 roll (when applicable) Base, Active and Real costs.  But no Endurance cost.

Thanks for your great work.

This commit adds a more noticable tint color to active switches... https://github.com/slackdaystudio/hero-system-mobile/commit/48ce09d79b4926aba8c82fe3f73b88c91d27ca2a

END isn't currently in the app, I could probably include it if people want it.

I am currently updating the HSM app and have picked off a few bugs which have been reported here and on the Discord server.

I am going to look into why Elemental Control costs are off as my last bug before I publish a new build.

If you have a bug or feature request please leave it here and I'll see what I can do.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:52 AM, Tywyll said:

Hello! I've not used the app in a long time, back when it was 1.X something. But I am trying to get it to load my 5th edition hdc files.

Of the three characters I have attempted to view, only one has worked and displayed (and it looks pretty great). However the other two give me the following error:

Invalid attempt to iterate non-iterable instance. In order to be iterable, non-array objects must have a [Symbol.iterator]() method.

I have NO idea what that means! :D 

The three characters all work normally in HD, can be exported normally, etc. Not sure why one works and the others do not? The Psi-Blade one works (mostly), but the other two do not? Any help getting them to display would be tremendously helpful!

Also, I noticed some errors in the Psi-Blade's Elemental Control. The Real Cost is off for every slot (one slot even costs -10 real points). Not a big deal, but figured I would flag it up. Also her Telekenitic Blade attack from the Multipower doesn't display damage from full strength (she has non-augmented strength and augmented strength, which is shown on the character as 'secondary' strength, I guess that is why it isn't picked up?). 

Oh, another issue I just noticed, she has Mental Defense and it only shows it as 5 points (the active points of her Mental Def, not her total including the free points from ego). 

Solarialow.hdc 261.34 kB · 2 downloads AdamantineRebuild210109.hdc 942.2 kB · 1 download Psi-Blade6.hdc 329.53 kB · 1 download

This commit should fix the costs issues with EC's.  It also exposed a general issue with how lists were not reconciling exclusive modifiers.

https://github.com/slackdaystudio/hero-system-mobile/commit/fdd73854a0179a7156b36c5703b7de13543015e6

I'm looking at the Mental Defense issue next then the HKA issue w/seconndary stats.

Thanks for the characters... super helpful.

• 2 months later...

Loving Hero System Mobile!

Reporting an issue: Calculating damage for a Killing Attack using Hit Locations is not utilizing the BODY multiplier. In the attached screenshot, a 16 was rolled for KA damage with "Arms" as the hit location. The BODYx is "0.5", so total KA damage should be 8, but it is displaying 16.

Screenshot_20230324-011200.thumb.png.ea7256412e6316dceb5c225c7a3851ad.png

5 hours ago, C-Note said:

Reporting an issue: Calculating damage for a Killing Attack using Hit Locations is not utilizing the BODY multiplier. In the attached screenshot, a 16 was rolled for KA damage with "Arms" as the hit location. The BODYx is "0.5", so total KA damage should be 8, but it is displaying 16.

There is work being done - check in with Sentry) in his thread: 

• 5 months later...

Notes for the 2.1.8 release.

• The home screen has been redesigned
  • Added animated dice to the dice rollers
  • Redid the look and feel of the cards in the character viewer
  • Animations can be disabled on the Settings screen
  • Added icons to the drawer menu
  • Removed the main subheading on the view character screen
  • The characters screen now prints by character name, not file name
  • Added a hex-grid to the app background
  • Improved the display of partial dice on the Result screen
  • Changed the chart on the statistics screen
  • Fixed Mental Defense totals in 5th edition
  • Fixed Elemental Control costs in 5th edition
  • Added support for No Figured Characteristics in 5th edition
  • Fixed a bug with HKAs and adders
  • Stylized the gutters on switches so they are more visible

On 3/24/2023 at 1:26 AM, C-Note said:

I just wanted to close this loop.  

According to the RAW in 5th and 6th the BODYx multiplier is applied AFTER defenses, so this isn't a bug.

11 hours ago, sentry0 said:

I just wanted to close this loop.  

According to the RAW in 5th and 6th the BODYx multiplier is applied AFTER defenses, so this isn't a bug.

Not the case.  Since you're using hit locations, the page cite for 6E is 6E2 108.  The order:
--Roll hit loc.

--roll killing damage == B

--determine the STUN...B * the stun multiplier for the location.  This is the STUN the victim is about to take.

What you might be thinking is the NEXT step, how much BODY the victim takes.

--subtract target's rDEF from B  NetB == B - rDef  (this is incomplete, I'll get into that)

--Now, multiply NetB by the BODY multiplier for the given location.

This, of course, is assuming that hit locations are in use.  My personal opinion...never use em.  HATE them.  Without hit locs, it's simpler...just roll the main dice to get B, roll the stun mult.

The 4th step with hit locs lacks consideration for both damage negation and damage reduction.  There's now 4 stages...the negation is first, the DEF is 2nd, as normal.  Then, it's easy to check both orders of operation...apply reduction then multiply by location factor, OR multiply by location factor then apply reduction.  Because you're always rounding, these aren't going to give the same numbers.  With 50% DR, DR first is always better, when it matters, but this might not be true for 25% or 75%.  I don't feel like checking....

Or never use hit locs in the first place................

• 3 weeks later...

I released the 2.1.10 build of HSM the other day.  There's not much new for people to play with other than a new toast message look and feel (toast messages are the little pop-ups that appear on the bottom of screens for some actions).  Under the hood, I ripped out an entire UI library as it is apparently not being supported by the upstream devs any longer.  There may be some look and feel changes but they are minor, like the buttons on the Combat screen look a little different.

Patch Notes:

• Upgraded toast messages

• 1 month later...