Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Toxxus said:

I'm still seeing Unsupported file type: text/xml error after updating the app just  now on my Android / Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

 

PM me the file please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toxxus said:

I'm still seeing Unsupported file type: text/xml error after updating the app just  now on my Android / Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

 

I actually can see the issue by looking at your post.  For some reason your Note is passing in the mime type of "text/xml" instead of "application/xml".

 

I can fix that on my side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sentry0 said:

 

The 1.2.3 build was just approved by Apple.   I'm feeling pretty confident that this will finally address the loading issues that you've been experiencing.  I was able to simulate both iCloud and local file loading on iPhones and iPads without issue...hopefully the real devices will behave the same this time now that I've reset my simulators to their default states.

 

Give it a whirl and let me know if I hit the mark.

 

Phil

 

Houston, the Eagle has landed.  I repeat, the Eagle has landed.

 

Successful file load on both of my iDevices. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Desmarais said:

 

Houston, the Eagle has landed.  I repeat, the Eagle has landed.

 

Successful file load on both of my iDevices. 

 

 

 

Sweet, one more bug fix and I think all will be right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, ready for the one?  This is more of a minor UX quirk than an actual problem.  There are a couple of screens where you have sliders and tabs that you can swipe between: the "Hit" and "Damage" screens are the two I've noticed. On an iPhone, when you move the slider control the screen also moves (attempting to swipe to the adjacent tab).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, John Desmarais said:

Ok, ready for the one?  This is more of a minor UX quirk than an actual problem.  There are a couple of screens where you have sliders and tabs that you can swipe between: the "Hit" and "Damage" screens are the two I've noticed. On an iPhone, when you move the slider control the screen also moves (attempting to swipe to the adjacent tab).

 

Yeah, that's weird ?

 

There is a simple workaround for that by using the text input field on the slider.  I'll see what I can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C-Note said:

After bugs are squashed, still hoping for character graphic image display!

 

I've been thinking about that...it may still happen once I get some of these bugs out if the way ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pushed the 1.2.4 build into production, it has the following fixes:

  • Fixed a character loading bug on some devices (Android only)
  • Fixed an issue that caused sliding a slider to also switch tabs (iOS only)

As usual, Android will be updated before iOS, likely within an hour or so of this post.  The iOS update will hit your devices tomorrow sometime pending a successful review by Apple.

 

@John Desmarais @Toxxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sentry0 said:

I just pushed the 1.2.4 build into production, it has the following fixes:

  • Fixed a character loading bug on some devices (Android only)
  • Fixed an issue that caused sliding a slider to also switch tabs (iOS only)

As usual, Android will be updated before iOS, likely within an hour or so of this post.  The iOS update will hit your devices tomorrow sometime pending a successful review by Apple.

 

@John Desmarais @Toxxus

 

 

Installed a few minutes ago.  Looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up this app - great job!  It's actually making me interested in going back to look at picking up the HERO Combat Manager and HERO Designer (I'm old school and figure everything by hand on paper right now :wacko:).

 

One minor request, since you have a number of toggle options in the damage calculator - perhaps you could add toggle for 'Double Knockback'?  Not that I just recently designed a brick with a kinetic punch or anything...:snicker:

 

- evilaustintom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evilaustintom said:

I just picked up this app - great job!  It's actually making me interested in going back to look at picking up the HERO Combat Manager and HERO Designer (I'm old school and figure everything by hand on paper right now :wacko:).

 

One minor request, since you have a number of toggle options in the damage calculator - perhaps you could add toggle for 'Double Knockback'?  Not that I just recently designed a brick with a kinetic punch or anything...:snicker:

 

- evilaustintom

 

I'll add it to the list...should be pretty easy to add.

 

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, evilaustintom said:

I just picked up this app - great job!  It's actually making me interested in going back to look at picking up the HERO Combat Manager and HERO Designer (I'm old school and figure everything by hand on paper right now :wacko:).

 

One minor request, since you have a number of toggle options in the damage calculator - perhaps you could add toggle for 'Double Knockback'?  Not that I just recently designed a brick with a kinetic punch or anything...:snicker:

 

- evilaustintom

 

HERO Designer is a GMs dream.  You can construct characters for your players very quickly and build out your other NPCs at a greatly enhanced pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sentry,

 

I just learned about this - awesome, and thank you!!!!

 

Question - the "to do" list still has 6th edition as undone - is that correct?

 

I'm confused because the settings had a toggle to "turn on 5th edition..."

 

Thanks again!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 1:43 AM, A.T.R.A. Mark II said:

Sentry,

 

I just learned about this - awesome, and thank you!!!!

 

Question - the "to do" list still has 6th edition as undone - is that correct?

 

I'm confused because the settings had a toggle to "turn on 5th edition..."

 

Thanks again!!!

 

It does support 5th or 6th edition rules out of the box.  I believe it defaults to 6th but can be switched to 5th in the settings area of the app.

 

The note regarding 6th edition is for the H.E.R.O tool only.  It was created for 5th edition only.  Everything else should flip between editions when you toggle that setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried it yet, but, how does the app handle characters with custom characteristics added via HERO Designer? We've got sanity being used in an upcoming game. I'll have a character I can try it with next weekend, just figured I'd ask in the meantime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Zakharov said:

I haven't tried it yet, but, how does the app handle characters with custom characteristics added via HERO Designer? We've got sanity being used in an upcoming game. I'll have a character I can try it with next weekend, just figured I'd ask in the meantime!

 

I'm not sure how it would handle custom attributes, my suspicion is that it'll be ignored.  I'll double check and get back to you.

 

I did some poking around this morning and it looks like the app itself would handle a custom characteristic properly but the issue is the export template itself.  The export template has no concept of custom attributes so they won't end up in the characteristics section of the template.

 

I'm not sure that there's a quick fix for this one but I'll see what I can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BigJackBrass said:

Apologies if there's a more appropriate place to put this, but I thought it might be of interest that over at ENworld they're asking for people to nominate their favourite RPG related mobile apps, which you can do through this handy link.

 

Sweet, thanks for the vote :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just released the 1.2.5 build, it's more of a foundational build as most of the work was about upgrading the core development frameworks, I did manage to sneak in a few goodies.

  • Added the ability to make more than one to hit roll
  • Numbers now animate on the result screen
  • Minor UI tweaks

The update should be hitting your devices in the next couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...