Liberal Arts Superpowers

Adventus

I am thinking of making a character with variety of powers none of them POWERFUL.  The character was a liberal arts major in college and a slacker.

What powers would you give them?

EDIT: This is actually for a player character in my Post Apocalypse Campaign: Atomic Twilight.  He will be finding out about his various powers over time.  at the start of the game no one has powers. they will get them in game. 

I originally posted this before I heard back as to whether he would go for this.

Edited by Adventus
Clarification and more info.

Low point variable power pool would be a good way to handle what you are looking for. 

If he was the professional student type then give him a lot of skills, especially knowledge skills.  He does not have any one skill on a high roll, but has enough complementary skills that he is actually more effective than people realize.   

6 hours ago, Adventus said:

I am thinking of making a character with variety of powers none of them POWERFUL.  The character was a liberal arts major in college and a slacker.

Cramming

Lucius Alexander

Summon Palindromedary

7 hours ago, Adventus said:

EB 8d6, Variable Special Effect [Any] (+1/2)

EB 6d6, Variable Advantage (+1)

How about a summon or transform to create mundane items?  He draws a cellphone to get a cellphone.

There is also the Amber/Courts of Chaos Trump ability to transport from location to location via a drawing.

Mime powers which actually have an effect.  Miming a lasso and pulling on the rope would actually make the target drag towards you.

Stun drain constant based on oratory or acting.

+2 DCV based on Acrobatics or Dance

Martial Arts based on Dance

+2 OCV usable of those nearby incantations based on professional skill rapper

Aid to End area of effect requires a roll: electric guitar riff

5 hours ago, RDU Neil said:

Oh... this is a legit thread... I thought it was more like...

"How do I write up... "Power of paying off enormous student loans on a waiter's crummy tips!" and "Effective Blogging on Gender Performativity in Modern Polish Cinema" and "Living in a studio apartment with two other people without killing them" etc.

That was me. I was thinking of Summon Millennial. or Summon Emo Kid.

"Liberal Arts" Literally means "Arts of Freedom.":  (Total: 11 Active Cost, 7 Real Cost) Contortionist 15- (Real Cost: 5) <b>plus</b> Teleportation 1m, Position Shift (6 Active Points); Conditional Power Only to escape Grabs, Entangles, or other confinement or restriction (-1), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4), no Noncombat movement (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2)

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Arts

Doubletalk Loophole Exploitation: +20 PRE, only to escape punishment or get out of assigned work.

Don't forget a serious Disadvantage, losing all defenses against attacks based on certain skills or effects.  Name it: Hey, You Said There Would Be No Math.

You're History:  Extra-Dimensional Movement, through time (discrete moments and locations - the handful LibArtsMan can remember from his studies), Usable as Attack, Time Limit (automatically returns after 1 Turn)

Forsooth!  Thou Speakest Like Shakespeare!:   Minor Transform (speech patterns to Olde English)

You've Gotta Have Art:  Cosmetic Transform, Variable Effect (any colors)

What IS Existence, Anyway?:  Entangle, based on INT instead of STR (lost in philosophical conundrum)

Not sure how you'd write it up (maybe an X-Dim Gate?), but a Backpack of Holding for all his textbooks.