The Academics Thread

Pariah

16 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Seriously?!

The gradebook program issue I've been fighting with for the entire quarter (six weeks now) is that scores have to be entered to one decimal place instead of two?

THAT'S the problem?

And why did it take SIX WEEKS for someone to recognize the problem and communicate the answer to me? Why was this not explicitly covered and emphasized in the after-school training meeting I was required to attend?

I'm not sure whether I'm feeling more relieved that I finally have an answer, or more frustrated at how big a problem this didn't need to be.

Belgium!

I give this post a 9.58.

Oops, sorry.  Make that a 9.6.  :)

50 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Seriously?!

The gradebook program issue I've been fighting with for the entire quarter (six weeks now) is that scores have to be entered to one decimal place instead of two?

THAT'S the problem?

And why did it take SIX WEEKS for someone to recognize the problem and communicate the answer to me? Why was this not explicitly covered and emphasized in the after-school training meeting I was required to attend?

I'm not sure whether I'm feeling more relieved that I finally have an answer, or more frustrated at how big a problem this didn't need to be.

Belgium!

Y'know, periodically I get reminders of why my considered and reconsidered decision to keep my grades in pencil on dead tree rather than any form of electronic form really was the best possible option.

This is one of those reminders.

Don't carry a phone.  Do not invite a familiar into your life; it will feast on your essence, pass your deepest secrets to the Enemy, bind you eternally into servitude of the Power of Evil, and destroy your ability to think clearly and righteously by uncountable irritating interruptions.  All it does is lure you into the Pit.  Be free of it, and reclaim the path to the heavens which is your birthright.

<pedantry>

How can you destroy that which does not and never did exist?

Are you combating phantoms, haunted fragments of another's ravings, droppings from another's madness that have taken infested your psyche?  Is that which you loathe nothing but a twisted reflection of yourself?  

If that is the case, then seek the target of your rage within your own soul!  Then work to better yourself, and expunge the only toehold it has in this reality ... by dealing with the devils that are within you, and only you.

</pedantry>

One of Earth's rarest minerals, detected just six times in history, found in WA - ABC News

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-16/rare-mineral-reidite-found-in-woodleigh-meteorite-crater-in-wa/10382888?pfmredir=sm

"The ultra-rare mineral known as reidite was found deep within the long buried Woodleigh Crater near Shark Bay, approximately 750 kilometres north of Perth. 

[...]

"For instance, the large impact crater in Mexico that is contributed to causing the demise of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago is 180km in diameter."

"And that one is not even twice as large as what Woodleigh may be.""