The Academics Thread

Pariah

The grade for the class consisted of three exams. I scored comparatively low on the first and the last, both of which primarily emphasized Relativity.

On the middle exam, which emphasized Quantum Mechanics, I had the second highest score in the class.

Apparently, I used to snore occasionally during a 7 PM Computer Networking class. I always wondered if my grade would have improved from the A- if I had been awake in that class more often.

I used to keep paper and a pencil by the bed when I was in college because I'd write computer code (or occasionally, mathematical proofs) in my sleep. 

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

I only took one 8am class in college, I fell asleep like 3-4 times during that semester.  

It seems like I had 7:30 a.m. classes more often than not in college.

I took Calc II at 730am one semester.  The professor would come flying in like Kwicky Koala carrying his second pot of coffee and launch into a discussion of integrals.  About halfway through the class he'd get pissed off and start berating us for our lack of interest and participation.  There were only six of us dumb enough to take the class so none of us could hide.

7 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

My boss wants me to take CITI training. I am going to learn the ethical way to administer electro-shocks for research.

Yeah, "for research."

Beautiful, isn't it? It took me half a lifetime to invent it. I'm sure you've discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. At present I'm writing the definitive work on the subject. So I want you to be totally honest with me on how The Machine makes you feel.

21 hours ago, Old Man said:

I took Calc II at 730am one semester.  The professor would come flying in like Kwicky Koala carrying his second pot of coffee and launch into a discussion of integrals.  About halfway through the class he'd get pissed off and start berating us for our lack of interest and participation.  There were only six of us dumb enough to take the class so none of us could hide.

You know I have a feeling Calculus would make more sense to me at 7:30 am, it isn't like it'd be possible for it to make less sense to me.