WWYCD: Help launch a mission to Mars.

assault

Famous Billionaire Enon Mach is planning on establishing a permanent, fully automated base on Mars. Unfortunately, his launch attempts are being sabotaged.

He asks for the help of the PCs (assumption: they have some public profile and a reasonable power level. Or at least they can provide a bit of protection.)

A quick search of the internet comes up with a whole bunch of conspiracy theories: either Mach, or his opponents, are agents of Lizard Aliens, Foxbat, Doctor Destroyer, Space Nazis or whatever.

Mach is notorious for being arrogant and rude, but he pays his employees well.

WWYCD?

Well, don't believe the internet.

But, my namesake's father was a member of a humanoid alien race, who weren't particularly guys you want to go into space to search for.  He would be of the opinion: to stay out of that type of exploration (or limit it to the super-levels).  SO, he'd likely bow out of interfering whether to help or to harm Mach's plans.

Quasar - He would work with PRIMUS, the local super team, and other properly deputized authorities to provide security to the launch site.

Shadowhunter - He would prowl the streets and shadows, searching the criminal world for any word on those out to sabotage Mach's operations.   He'll also investigate any possible links between Mach and any super-villain organisations.

Mystica - "If he open portal on tiny moon and let eldritch horrors escape, Mars will not be far enough away to protect Mach from the wrath of MYSTICA!"

John "Sunburn" Roberts: Considering that his 'real job" Is a reporter for SNN/SSN Sidekick, and being there "superhero expect", he would be covering the launch, not providing security for it. He can tell Mach which superhero could be available to hire.

Paradox Timely: Mach would not be able to directly contact her. Instead, she would sneak into the place and counter the sabatage, assuming that is what history wishes.

Jet Justice: Would be amazed that men have not set foot on Mars yet. He will lend his tallents to Mach, especially to bring law breakers to justice (regardless of planet of origin).

3 hours ago, assault said:

Nobody seems to have picked up on the anagram. And I thought it was too obvious.

The Elon Musk reference is intentional, obviously, but not the whole story.

I picked it up right off.  In the words of Akbar Gbaja-Biamila, "It's a trap!!!!"

Definitely time to get UNTIL involved.

Edited by Watchman Mk. IV

4 hours ago, assault said:

This kind of nonsense was rife in the Silver Age. Villains would rely on anagrams to conceal their identity all the time.

"Mr Rekcoj" apparently required the World's Greatest (Living) Detective to work out.

I'm vaguely impressed that it works.

That and people with unfortunate names. Chances are, if your real name is Matthew Mouse, your probably doomed to become the supervillain The Rat.

23 hours ago, assault said:

Just spell it out. Eight letters is a lot, but only some work.

Enonmach

neonmach (ooh, that's interesting!)

nenomach (this is going to get long and boring)

(let's cut to the chase)

machenon

(next step)

oops.

You should see how bad I am at riddles.  :weep:

Note: As an aside, if I was a superhero, CvK or no, I still might have a shoot on sight policy for Riddler.:fear: