WWYCD?: Two Mind Controllers Whammy Each Other

Marcus Impudite

You're at Campaign City Bank again. This time, by an astonishing coincidence, Negator (see this thread) and Magic Word (see Hermit's The Adventures of Fish Guy) show up to rob the bank the same day. Neither is particularly pleased to see the other.

The two approach each other and Negator says, "Nice tux, the Hunger Games convention isn't until next month."

To this, Magic Word replies, "PLEASE, go take a long walk off a short pier."

As a result, Magic Word is now in a fetal position on the lobby floor, crying inconsolably. As for Negator, He turned and walked out of the bank, and appears to be headed in the direction of Campaign City Harbor.

WWYCD?

All my PCs have a lot in common. Some could deal with this easier than others.

You should always work in pairs. Even if the other member of the pair is your trainee/sidekick.

Obviously you should teach your sidekick basic "gas and gag" early on. This is how you get Magic Word under control. Of course, your sidekick is likely to mess it up, so you have to be careful when you come back to the scene.

Since Magic Word is basically harmless at the moment, he is the one you assign to your sidekick. Negator is still active, and his life is threatened. This kicks in any CVK/Code of the Hero my character has. Which is pretty much all of them.

Hopefully, Negator is a glass cannon(!). In any case, my character's response would be to follow him, attack him by surprise, and hopefully take him out before he could use his powers - to which my characters are pretty consistently vulnerable.

Then drag him back to where my character's sidekick or partner has hopefully contained Magic Word. If a sidekick is involved, they will have probably messed things up, so my character will be prepared for this.

Taking out Magic Word will be tricky, especially since he will have innocents (including my sidekick) under his control. But at least Negator will be out of action.

In an ideal world, both mind controllers will be toast. But Magic Word is a real problem.

My mentalist: "Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!"

She's not a very heroic mentalist and unlike most mentalist heroes, doesn't respect privacy and has the personality of a bad Kardashian (ok, there maybe no good Kardashian but you get the idea).

Quasar - He would call PRIMUS on his helmet radio and inform them of the situation.  Then he would keep an eye on Negator until PRIMUS picked him up.  

Shadowhunter - He would hit the unconscious Magic Word with an Entangle to make sure he didn't get away, then do the same to Negator.  Then he's blend into the shawods.  The bank manager can be counted on to call the police, and the police will call PRIMUS.

Mystica - "Magic Word?  I have heard of this person.  Stay away.  I must check his body for artifacts.  No, I said Stay Away!  Sleep spell will make sure he does not wake up too soon.  I must... What?  No, I said stay away.  Yes, I know who PRIMUS is, and you know who I AM, too!  I am Mystica, and PRIMUS will stay away until I say is safe.  Feh!  This is no good.  We are leaving!"  She would then teleport herself to her study, along with Magic Word and anything he might have carried or touched.  She would then contact the Trimagus Council and Le Institute Thoth to inform them that she had him in custody, and was cataloging any magic artifacts in his possession.  Both groups would receive a detailed report regarding any mystic artifacts with photographs, and Mystica would then keep the atrifacts in her private vault.  Depending on Magic Word's reputation regarding summoning demons he would then either be turned over to PRIMUS unharmed for incarceration, or his corpse would be megascale teleported into deep space.  

Talos would laugh and call Primus to pick these two up.

Then he would take embarrassing selfies with the one on the floor and post them on the net.

Buying popcorn he would then capture the one taking a long walk while he was still under the mental influence and let Primus do its job.

In both cases their little escapade would be all over the net.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, dsatow said:

My mentalist: "Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!"

She's not a very heroic mentalist and unlike most mentalist heroes, doesn't respect privacy and has the personality of a bad Kardashian (ok, there maybe no good Kardashian but you get the idea).

Yeah, my namesake doesn't particularly like mentalists in general.  :angel:

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Mister Trent said:

Of the two, Magic Word would be in worse trouble since he had to have known what would happen when he told Negator to "take a long walk off a short pier." Sure, Negator's an asshole, but he could've drowned if no one had stopped him.

That brings up one hypothesis that hit me.  Once he hits the water, does he come out of the spell?

On 3/18/2018 at 4:17 AM, Badger said:

That brings up one hypothesis that hit me.  Once he hits the water, does he come out of the spell?

Would it matter? Depending on how high up the pier is from the water, he might have sustained injuries in the fall that could make it difficult or even impossible for him to tread water; let alone swim to safety.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:19 AM, Badger said:

Well, it would assume how deep the water is, too.  (admittedly, I might be picturing the scenario with deeper water than others are)

Not so much depth as surface tension. Every do a belly flop into a swimming pool and it really stung? Hit the surface of the water from high enough up, no only would it feel like you slammed into a cinder block wall, but it might even knock you out cold. An amateur cliff diver who was a bit rough on the landing could suffer broken bones and internal injuries.