Create New Skills in Template

Deadman

Hi Again Dan,

I am working on a new Rules Template and want to add a fixed skill to the list.  The skill is Defensive Attack from the Advanced Players Guide.  I tried to copy Rapid Attack and just change the name but it doesn't show up on the Skill list.  I assume this is because it needs to be put in the Skill Container with an XMLID.  When I try to do that it is asking me for a CHARACTERISTIC_CHOICE.  I read through the HD_DOC and it reinforces that sentiment.  Is there any way for me to create a fixed skill and have it show up on the list?

TIA,

Deadman

There are two styles of "containers" in the Skill definitions.  Rapid Attack is done using the first (older) one in which the XMLID and the container name are essentially one and the same.  If the application doesn't know to look for the container, it'll just skip over anything new that's added in.  You can _replace_ Rapid Attack with your own (keeping the container as RAPID_ATTACK_HTH), but you're likely better off using the second (newer) style where you just use a "<SKILLL....> ... </SKILL>" container.  The app will read in all of those, the only restriction being that the XMLID attribute that you assign to your Skill needs to be unique.