Feint

MrAgdesh

1 minute ago, Cassandra said:

Defensive Strike works well to simulate a Feint.  It allows the Hero to trick the villain to attacking when he can Feint and immediately strike back.

Actually, it never actually occurred to me, but that is a counter-strike, and actually a closer approximation than the official move 'counter-strike'!

A feint seeks to draw a defense.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:36 AM, MrAgdesh said:

Yes, but if the Feint/Sleight roll works then the target will know to abort before the attack roll gets boosted. Same if the GM grants a surprise manoeuvre bonus. 

It just seems counter intuitive to me that these “surprises” allow somebody to then block or dodge them. 

Actually if I were the GM I would rule the opposite.

If the character fails the feint roll then the target knows about the attack and can abort to a dodge.

If the character succeeds with the feint roll then the target does not know about the attack and cannot abort to a dodge.

Sure the player who is playing the character knows the attack is coming because he saw the die roll but that is OOG (Out of Game) knowledge and can't be used in game.  Thus no Abort to Dodge because he is unaware of the attack.

• 3 weeks later...

CSL DURATION

I am trying to spec up a couple of moves for my martial artist.

It's a heroic campaign, but over the 7 years we've been playing I have amassed a load of points, so bordering on super level.

I would like to spec up some MA CSLs with smart limitations, such as a front and something based on Analyse Martial Style.

I just love your THAT'S NOT A MISS IT'S A FEINT construct! So poetically simple with no extra die rolls.

My question is, what is the duration of CSLs? My feint bonus I want for 1 attack action only, Instant? A limitation? My Analyse Style buff I would like to last for that melee. Is that a lesser limitation or even an advantage?

If I bought simple CSLs they would be persistent once activated, wouldn't they?