Damage of the Mariana Trench

Tech

When looking up the surface area of a human, I got 1.9 square meters. That translates to:

• 1.9 square meters = 2945.006 square inches

That means at that depth, the victim is being subjected to 46,383,844.5 pounds of force or  21039.358 metric tons

That's the equivalent of a 98 STR, so 19.5d6 every segment.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:56 AM, cptpatriot said:

When looking up the surface area of a human, I got 1.9 square meters. That translates to:

• 1.9 square meters = 2945.006 square inches

That means at that depth, the victim is being subjected to 46,383,844.5 pounds of force or  21039.358 metric tons

That's the equivalent of a 98 STR, so 19.5d6 every segment.

I came here not knowing what I'd find and leave pleasantly satisfied.

6 hours ago, assault said:

Or have life support. If they have life support, you WANT them to go to the Marianas Trench to show how awesome they are.

Or to go home and visit the family.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary sarcastically says "You're a Deep One, Lucius."

21 hours ago, assault said:

Or have life support. If they have life support, you WANT them to go to the Marianas Trench to show how awesome they are.

Although, if you are an immortal who can take damage but regenerate from it, it is gonna suck until you drift back to the surface.

That's for NPCs though. It doesn't happen to PCs unless the GM is raining on their parade.

A couple of segments of Near Death Experience is OK. It's like throwing them into space without a space suit. More than that requires them to have really messed up.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:28 AM, assault said:

In a manner of speaking, someone's going there, although it's going to be a villain. No one's going to kick the bucket if you're wondering.