Two weapon fighting

Ninja-Bear

A character using Two-Weapon attack is at 1/2 DCV in 6th Ed. As all the Multi-Attack modifiers apply (unless you have the Two Weapon Fighting skill, which allows the first -2 OCV for a multi-attack to be avoided (but character is still at 1/2 DCV)

45 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Ok- btw Mallet I meant two weapon skill -oops. Do you know is there a way to make it -2 DCV? Like buying another skill?

Simplest way is to ask the GM how they want to handle two weapon fighting.  If its a wushu style fantasy game, the GM might allow it as a house rule for the flavor of the campaign.

Unless all other options are active and the character gets injuries in their dominant arm/hand.

Admittedly I only purchased the following for my John Wick chapter 2 build.

3 Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)

2 Off-Hand Defense

Hyperman for 10 pts I can buy +2 OCV with affects all my skills and even with a multi attack I’m still better off. 

Well, yeah, that's a flaw at present with the combat skill levels system.  You're almost always better off just buying OCV even if your concept is "he's especially good with just this weapon" in terms of cost and efficiency.

4 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Hyperman for 10 pts I can buy +2 OCV with affects all my skills and even with a multi attack I’m still better off. The only way where 2wf would be useful would be if the character has hit some OCV cap because the 2wf takes care of the first -2 penalty..

One thing that is normally common is for the build to actually take a "Hand To Hand Only" or "Ranged Only" limitation of -1; making it effectively a 5pt Skill, which is a good deal. But yes, if you're using 2-Weapon Fighting for the default All Attacks, generally speaking +2 OCV is the better deal, barring OCV caps.

1 hour ago, ghost-angel said:

Ah, yeah, it changed completely from 5th to 6th.

The reason why I asked about 6th specifically was that I wasn’t sure if CC was wrong or simplified compared to the full 6th ed. At this point, I think I might use 5th ed version. For the same cost, it would encourage a certain style of play.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Well, yeah, that's a flaw at present with the combat skill levels system.  You're almost always better off just buying OCV even if your concept is "he's especially good with just this weapon" in terms of cost and efficiency.

But with skill levels, you can use two to get a damage class.

As a house rule, we allow the use of skill levels to deactivate armor activation defined as partial coverage.  So, if you have a bulletproof vest described as an 11- act roll on 6 PD/ED OIF, with two skill levels, you could drop the 11- to a 9 or less.  Again, this is just a house rule.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:39 AM, Surrealone said:

I like that house rule, too ... but I could see it being easily-abused and potentially VERY powerful in heroic games.

Yeah, the rule is only applied in superheroic games without hit locations.  In heroic games, we usually play with hit locations and then normally, you'd place the levels on OCV to hit the location.