Anyone else looking forward to Battletech

Iuz the Evil

1 hour ago, Greywind said:

More interested in how the HG lawsuit is going to play out.

HG lawsuit is being challenged on basis of lack of standing, not sure you are up to speed or not. It's not anticipated to impact the April 24 release. 

Latest update dismissed with prejudice for HBS according to this (they have until May 4 to provide a proper chain of Copyright custody to prove why the other defendants shouldn't also have the lawsuit dismissed for lack of standing): 

So the Battletech game definitely can drop 4/24. Mechwarrior 5 is looking pretty good, but not final. 

7 hours ago, Greywind said:

Yeah, I've been following. Basically the counterattack was "you don't have the rights you think you do and we have money unlike your last lawsuits".

That appears to have been a successful counterattack. At least with regard to Harebrained schemes, Harmony Gold is done and cannot bring the same suit against them again. 

I wonder if I can run it.

I use Steam a lot. It has the advantage that if I bought a new computer, I could grab my games without buying them again. The downside is that if Steam no longer carries a game, I am pretty much screwed.

And when GOG sells you a game, they are often selling you a Steam code, though which you download the game. That's what a monopoly looks like.

Game dropped yesterday, just finished setting up PC on television and getting all the updates. Played until 1am and now headed to work. I'm so tired. 

Really fun, but I need a better mouse and keyboard. Text is a little small due to room set up, I'm sitting on couch and it's running on my television. Very satisfying though. 

Reactor online. Sensors online. Weapons online. 

All systems nominal. 

• 3 months later...

I'm on my 3rd playthrough. What a fantastic game, wow.

Really likeable protagonist in my opinion, as an ally they do a nice balance of making her fallible and likeable. She helps you, is useful, and not whiny or annoying. Some good speeches too. She drops this one after one of the earlier missions where you liberate "the Icebox" - pretty awful gulag.

Battletech was a hit. So Paradox Interactive is buying Harebrained Schemes. So now Paradox can make more Battletech and Shadowrun games, since the licenses go with. Really good news for me, love the FASA universes (game mechanics weren't that great honestly, but rich and deep game settings).

And already looking forward to expansions/DLC.

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

One thing matters to me.

Do they have Warhammer and Marauder Mechs ?

No Warhammers, but they have the Jaegermech and Blackjack.

So... kind of.

No Marauders though. Did have Battlemasters and the Atlas, which was pretty awesome.

Here's the complete list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fnaqQv8nnYpy9gtQm75-D6fmYfNJ5u3OALSIe8ckOuo/htmlview?sle=true

16 hours ago, Old Man said:

Have you been playing this whole time?  Are you still employed?

Yes, as of this moment. Better question would be if I'm still married, to which the answer is the same.

I don't actually play at work though. So that's disappointing. And I spend time with my kids. Otherwise I would've been several more playthroughs further along.

I was late to the party but I have been playing it for about a month or two. I finished the story but still like picking up different mechs or even duplicates and changing up their weapons. Right now I am running 2 King Crabs, one with 2 AC 20s and some other close range weapons and the other with 4 racks of LRMs that all have plus to stab damage. I mix around the other 2 mechs but these 2 are quite a nice paring.

4 minutes ago, mojo_bones said:

I was late to the party but I have been playing it for about a month or two. I finished the story but still like picking up different mechs or even duplicates and changing up their weapons. Right now I am running 2 King Crabs, one with 2 AC 20s and some other close range weapons and the other with 4 racks of LRMs that all have plus to stab damage. I mix around the other 2 mechs but these 2 are quite a nice paring.

I like the assault mechs, but my favorite is probably the mixed medium-heavy Lance level of combat. Mobile, using evasion/terrain. Combined unit tactics, like you indicate above - indirect fire, stability damage, called shots, all that good stuff.

6 hours ago, death tribble said:

I have the Black Widow supplement. So Marauders and Warhammers are de rigeur.

The Jager looks like a Rifleman (if I recall correctly) wannabe

Yeah, it's a Rifleman. Harmony Gold still owns the rights to those mechs, at least arguably enough they didn't build 'em into the game.

You could mod an Orion, that's about as close as it gets to a Warhammer in the current version.

Huge push on their forums for quad mechs like the Scorpion, which the designers have straight up said they hate with the white hot heat of an engine shutdown. They've indicated additional content will be forthcoming, both paid and free. Will be interesting to see the new mech designs that come out. I'd like to get the Hatchetman, myself. Steiner forever.

Good game. I am on my third play-through now with Hardcore mode. It is a solid game with a decent flow. It could use some work to make it more playable beyond the main story. Mostly with keeping low value missions more available so you don't essentially get boxed into always needing a couple assaults plus high support. The RogueTech mod helped with that but it always seemed to push me into bankruptcy lest I pushed up the initial credit value. 

As of now I am having fun running a Jumping Orion LRM Boat with a MG Firestarter and SLaser Firestarter to run and punch. One even with a mega arm mod so it punches like an assault. Then the 4th is usually a AC20+ Jumping Hunchback or the Highlander. 

La Rose.