Does clinging have a base STR?

eepjr24

Question

I have a device that I would like to stick to things. For example, a device that has a suppress versus ground movement (for vehicles) for as long as it is stuck to the vehicle. Would I simply buy the device clinging and start at Zero STR for 10 points (similar to Skills as a power)? If that is not a proper application of clinging, would it be more appropriate to buy Telekinesis, only to resist being removed?

1 answer to this question

In this situation, I don’t think either of your suggested methods is the way to go. Since the gadget in question is a Suppress, it needs END to continue to function. Take the Advantage Uncontrolled for it. When the character uses it, he feeds in however much END he wants to use. When that amount of END is used up, the device stops working, or falls off, or what have you. Given the special effect, if someone found it before the END ran out he could try to remove it, and the GM can decide how easy that is. Thus, in essence what’s going on here is that “sticking to the target” becomes a special effect of Uncontrolled.