Toy Boy: Help Wanted

steriaca

I have an idea for a gadget, you obsessed bad guy, a homage of Toyman from DC (without the creepy pedifile subplot they tacked onto the guy in the 90's, going back to the character's roots as a man who never grew up mentally as his mind expanded to become an amazing inventor).

So, some ideas for fixed gadgets.

The "Weasel Box": A jack in the box which plays "Pop Goes The Weasel". Once the music stops, the weasel puppet pops out wearing one of five costumes each with it's own attack. It takes a lesser form of No Concess Control. The costumes are (so far) Fireman (with flamethrower hose), Police (gun), Doctor (scalpel), and CLOWN (spring which wraps around target). What should be the final costume?

A hi-bounce ball (physical blast).

Horror hoop (continuous RKA as he tosses a razor blades hula hoop around a victim).

Any other toy weapons? I want to make him slightly different than Black Harliquin and IMP.

How about a Villian named Playtime.  He has a Tox Box filled with Toy themed weapons.  A super soaker that shoot chloroform (NND Attack), Yo Yo Bolas (Entangle), Toy Soldiers (EB Autofire), etc.

He commits crimes to finance his "Playground" which is filled with death traps, and then captures superheroes to "play" with them.

His female companion and bait could be called Playdate.

9 hours ago, Cassandra said:

How about a Villian named Playtime.  He has a Tox Box filled with Toy themed weapons.  A super soaker that shoot chloroform (NND Attack), Yo Yo Bolas (Entangle), Toy Soldiers (EB Autofire), etc.

He commits crimes to finance his "Playground" which is filled with death traps, and then captures superheroes to "play" with them.

His female companion and bait could be called Playdate.

I prefer the name Toy Boy. Just say it. It sounds funny and fun. Now say it again, this time with a funny voice. See. Wasn't that fun?

1 hour ago, Cassandra said:

But then he would be able to say "Time to play".

I assume you ment he wouldn't be able to say "Time to play." Even if I did change he name to Playtime, he wouldn't be able to say that. Toy Boy had acid paint ball bullet hit his face and neck, while a certain smilly face guy shot him in the neck with a poison which causes a sarconigous grin. He wears a plastic mask with an electronic voicebox in his neck. When he 'speaks', he has a habit of pulling a ring with a string on his body.

In case your wondering, both other assassins are Popgun and Mr. Smiley from IMP.

Erm... don't want to take the wind out of your sails, steriaca. But I feel you should be told.

As Ninja-Bear was hinting at above, "Toy Boy" is slang for a young, male prostitute or a "kept boy."  "Kept" in the sense that he would have a sugar daddy.

So your players may well get a very different idea about the character than what you intended.

Yeah. Sorry again, not meaning to be mean. Just, you know, "the more you know" and all that.

5 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Erm... don't want to take the wind out of your sails, steriaca. But I feel you should be told.

As Ninja-Bear was hinting at above, "Toy Boy" is slang for a young, male prostitute or a "kept boy."  "Kept" in the sense that he would have a sugar daddy.

So your players may well get a very different idea about the character than what you intended.

Yeah. Sorry again, not meaning to be mean. Just, you know, "the more you know" and all that.

I understand that fact, but I still like the name. Is there a way to keep the name without the prostitute meaning? If I add "The" in front and make the Toy part "Toys", would it avoid that slang?

As for players, you should know by now I don't have any. I just create.

Question: How can I simulate his situational muteness? He needs his mask and neck piece to speak, and must pull the string to do so.

6 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

I have heard it used exclusively for a younger male lover for a woman. There's even a song called Toyboy by Sinitta.

A kaleidoscope or spinning top could produce hypnosis or mind control, just watch the top and do nothing else. 

24 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I have heard it used exclusively for a younger male lover for a woman. There's even a song called Toyboy by Sinitta.

A kaleidoscope or spinning top could produce hypnosis or mind control, just watch the top and do nothing else. 

Ah...that's something. I'll keep it in mind.

So, what I got so far...(ideas, no written up yet).

"Weasel Box" Jack in the box weapon.

Roll of 1: Weasel Uncostumed (no effect except for the weasel poping up and going back in, closing the lid behind him).

Roll of 2: Fireman (shoots a cone of fire from his hose before poping back into the box. RKA.).

Roll of 3: Policeman (fires a gun before going back into the box. RKA.).

Roll of 4: Doctor (slashes with a scalpel. HKA.)

Roll of 5: Boxer (punches. HA.)

Roll of 6: Clown (coil. Entangle.)

Hi-Bounce Ball (Blast)

Horror Hoop (HKA, Continuous, Uncontrolled [destroy the hoop to stop the cutting]. Reduced END [0 END] Penetrating.)

Hypno-Top (Mind Control. One Command [do nothing but watch the top])

On 5/1/2018 at 7:05 AM, steriaca said:

Question: How can I simulate his situational muteness? He needs his mask and neck piece to speak, and must pull the string to do so.

A minor Physical Complication (needs mechanical voicebox to speak; Infrequently, Slightly Impairing) for 10 points.

Since your first post made it seem that pulling the string was a habit rather than required, I wouldn't give points for that.  (Actually, in my game I've incorporated 1-point Quirks, for which this would qualify.)  If it's actually required... you might bump the Physical Complication up to Frequently, but I'd think it would still fall under Infrequently.

As to the "Toy Boy" meaning, I created an all-female supervillain group called the Femmes Fatale for a past Champions campaign, and they had a group of agents, all pretty much normals, called the Boy Toys.  I'll admit, when I saw the title of this thread, they're the first thing I thought of.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:36 AM, steriaca said:

Any other toy weapons? I want to make him slightly different than Black Harliquin and IMP.

Haven't seen IMP so apologies if I duplicate anything of theirs.

Crown Royal Bag of Explosive Dice.  "Your character literally takes 10d6 damage."

Self-Replicating Legos:  A simple Entangle, blocks Sight and Radar; he tosses a handful out and they instantly multiply and interlock around the target.

You're A Barbie Now, In A Barbie World:  Shrinking, usable as attack at range, time limit (1 hour)

Ok. Any suggestions for more toy/game attacks? I want to avoid card and gambling based weapons. The idea is to give people nightmares about there childhood play toys.

I'll defently give him a small VVP for weapons he doesn't always carry.

Some non weapon powers...

1) Armored costume and mask. The basic costume is a boy's school uniform style outfit, including short pants.

2) Helicopter Beenie Hat provides flight to him.

3) Spring shoes provide Leaping.

7 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Haven't seen IMP so apologies if I duplicate anything of theirs.

Crown Royal Bag of Explosive Dice.  "Your character literally takes 10d6 damage."

Self-Replicating Legos:  A simple Entangle, blocks Sight and Radar; he tosses a handful out and they instantly multiply and interlock around the target.

You're A Barbie Now, In A Barbie World:  Shrinking, usable as attack at range, time limit (1 hour)

Exploding dice is an option. He has more bloody options (the Horror Hoop), but he could use a Knockout Gas Dice or Darkness Gas Dice.

The Self Replicating Legos might represent an instant wall more than an entangle (the spring attack from the Weasel Box is an entangle which cuts into people who struggle inside it). He'll probably use it to slow down persist.

As for the forced shrinking ray...he's not that much of a genius. He might create giant mechanical toys to destroy the city on a whim (which is more a plot situation than a super power), but to shrink supers to be real life action figure size...