Failed search fu

eepjr24

I know there have been numerous topics on this in the past but I am having trouble coming up with the wording that will show them to me in the topic search. Does anyone have a link handy to one of the discussions on flipping the ability check rolls in Hero from less than to greater than?

- E

I'm afraid I don't have a link to same. But I did record some of the formulas for that purpose posted to various fora over the years.

"For those willing to do a little math, using the formula (21-current skill) gives a target number to be equaled or exceeded on 3d6. Apply normal HERO penalties normally to the die roll."

"3D6 + OCV vs. 10 + DCV is the exact formula I've seen proposed for turning the standard roll-under HERO mechanic to roll-over. According to the poster I first heard about it from (tetsujin28), the probabilities are exactly the same."

11 + OCV - Die Roll = DCV hit. (Silbeg)