Choice of Supervillains

Maccabe

Choice of Super-Villains  

28 members have voted

1. 1. When playing an average HERO game, which supervillains do you prefer to run into ?

• As per book- Example Green Dragon, Brick, Ogre, etc
    • Modified book- adding or subtracting powers from villains listed in HERO
    • Unique Villains - Created by the GM
    • A mixture of any of the above
    • Other - Explain

I prefer a mixture, although for ease and due to time constraints I most often use published villains, although I almost always modify them at least slightly, and sometimes majorly. But I also include Hero adaptations of villains from other sources, which many Champions players have done and hosted on various websites.

I use both unmodified and modified Champions characters as well as my own creations. I tend to stay away from direct versions of Marvel, DC, Image or other characters but I have plenty of character inspired or based off of them.

I usually use pre-written villains, though I will usually have re-drafted their powersets to work the way I want them to, unless they are particularly straightforward and to ensure their defences etc conform to my campaign.  Too often I used things out the book that were either too easy to defeat or too difficult to harm in ways that a quick once over did not catch.

Doc

Mine are mostly original but I have incorperated other characters from other media. Some examples are one event called "Crossover"  as a group of 31st century heroes enter a universe where the Legion of Superheroes is the guardians of the universe. Another group ran into Helen Cutter from "Primeval" as a different set of anomolies were being investigated as a means returning home to the future.