A Little Good News

Pariah

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, Cygnia said:

From the article:

"So Dolly, is there anything you can't do? From helping to stop a global pandemic to literally saving a small child, this woman deserves a Nobel Peace Prize."

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"There's something about her — the longevity of her career, the multifaceted three-dimensional nature of who she is, and the appeal that she has to so many different people from so many different walks of life with such different backgrounds, different political views, different gender identities, all of it," Lager said. "I think there is definitely a group of musical artists who are iconic. And then there's Dolly."

A college in Florida is offering a course on Dolly Parton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:06 AM, Pariah said:

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but this makes me proud of my (adopted) home town team.

Jazz offer a 4-year college scholarship for every win as part of social justice initiatives

The first round of scholarships has been awarded. 30 full ride scholarships for 30 wins before the All-Star break.

Utah Jazz award first 30 high school students with life-changing college scholarships — and a surprise phone call