A Little Good News

Pariah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 5:39 AM, wcw43921 said:

This is very nice, but you would think a Professor would have just done the research and taken the kid to a comic shop for a bunch of Black Panther, Falcon, Brother Voodoo, Power Man, Steel, and Green Lantern issues featuring John Stewart.  (Just off the top of my head)

Wouldn’t that have been better for the kid than saying “Sorry son, but Whitey has failed you and now your Mommy has to pretend there’s something.”?

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in April from a mammogram that was (scarily) pushed back a year due to Covid.  She has been undergoing chemo since then up until last month.  It decreased the tumor about 33%.  She decided to go with a lumpectomy.  They managed to remove the tumor and the really good news is that they biopsied her lymph node and the cancer did not spread.  She will still have to undergo targeted radiation for another month and obviously have regular monitoring for the next several years, but long story short she is now cancer-free.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Star Trek's LeVar Burton to Receive Lifetime Achievement Emmy Award

"If I had a mission statement for LeVar Burton Reads, it would be to remind the Reading Rainbow generation how important reading is in their lives, and their imaginations," Burton says. "I guess more than anything else that's the message that I want. I want people to engage with their imaginations, with these stories. Because, especially as adults now, you guys are adulting. I don't want you to stop using your imaginations because you're going to need them going forward. Because there's a whole lot of sh*t we're leaving for you to clean up. I'm sorry about that. I apologize, but I am trying to encourage some of the skills and talents you're going to need going forward."

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

One of my mother's cousin's grandsons came up to give my mother flowers and brought us both Kentucky Fried Chicken for tea.

You’re mistaken.  When you dunk the chicken in hot water you get soup, not tea.😜
     (Sorry, but when I read your post I got the image of a lovely delicate china tea cup with a chicken leg in it.)

Full story behind Abrolhos Islands drug smuggling mission revealed for first time

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-27/details-of-abrolhos-islands-drug-smuggling-trial-revealed/100959018

“A disastrous chain of events that foiled one of Australia's biggest drug smuggling operations reads like a Hollywood movie script.

The undoing of an international drug ring that saw $73 million worth of drugs end up on a barren island off Western Australia's coast involved a calamitous pocket dial, two shipwrecked yachts and a giant seal.

[...]

A plane was deployed and when police arrived, they found two men – Dicenta and British national Graham Palmer.

The duo tried to flee but their escape attempt was foiled by a giant seal, according to Damien Healy, a vice commander of the local volunteer marine rescue service.

"They woke it up and it jumped with its big chest out and bellowed at them," Mr Healy told ABC Radio. "The guys basically had the choice of going through the seal or getting arrested and they ended up choosing to get arrested."”