A Little Good News

Pariah

On 5/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, Logan.1179 said:

I got a letter from the fedloan people regarding my PSLF (student loan forgiveness) status. They recalculated things and I have only four payments left! 

11 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

More like January... But hell yeah!

Congratulations, man! That is fantastic. I hope I can live long enough to have the same experience.

And if you're taking orders, I'll have a virgin tequila sunrise. 

Heh.  Could be I could've done something like that.

My blood type is AB-positive, one of the types on the infrequent side.  What turned out to be more important ... there is a virus whose name I do not remember, whose effect is, if you are under 24 hours old, it kills you; if you are over 24 hours old, it does nothing.  Most people you see have it.  I don't, or at least didn't at the time.

In Austin I lived eight blocks from the blood bank for years.  They knew the blood type thing, the no virus thing, and the lived-nearby thing, and as a healthy young man in his 20s, they called me up like clockwork as soon as I was eligible, and at least twice they wanted to skate in below the hematocrit threshold because they had an AB-positive infant in the region who needed a transfusion today.  I didn't quite rack up five gallons donated in my time there, but it was close.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...