6e Equipment Guide Character Pack

eepjr24

Has anyone purchased this? If so, could you let me know thoughts? I have found some pretty serious number problems in the 6e Equipment Guide and I am hoping they were fixed in the HeroDesigner version. If they were, I am willing to shell out the bucks, but given the review of the beastiary that says it only has 1/3 of the monsters, I am hesitant without some input. Otherwise, I guess I will just keep building things from scratch as I need them.Thanks in advance.

- E

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Brian Stanfield said:

What are some of the numbers problems in the 6e guide? I haven't gone through it very thoroughly since it's basically an exact replica of the 5e Equipment Guide with new stats.

Here are a couple examples I found:

Laser Sight, Standard, Long Arm AP: 38 / RP: 16,  +2 OCV, +14 RMod, Not In Adverse Conditions

First problem, there is not a valid limitation amount that will get you from 38 to 16 unless you are partially limiting. If they partially limited something, it is not noted anywhere I can find. The limitation would be between 1.25 and 1.5. Second problem, where do they get 38 AP from? Only thing I could come up with was 2 AP per RMod and 5 per OCV, which is more than double the mentioned active point costs on page 69.

If I build that using the rules on page 69, I get:

18 AP, 6 RP

The limitations I used are: OAF (-1), Real Weapon / Item (-1/4), Not in Adverse conditions (-1/4), Required Hands (-1/2)

Telescopic Sight x2 AP: 12 / RP: 4,  +2 vs. RMod for Sight Group, +1 PER vs. darkness

Again, where does the AP come from? If I go with 2 AP per RMod from above, then +1 PER costs 8 points (should be 2 points for sight group, 6e1 211)??? If I go with 2 points for the PER, then the RMod levels cost 5 points each??? Limitations on this one could be between 1.75 and 2.25 to get the value of 4. Partial limiting opens that range up a bit more, obviously.

Rebuilding I get:

4 AP, 1 RP

The limitations I used are: OAF (-1), Real Weapon / Item (-1/4), Required Hands (-1/2), Only when Bracing or Setting (-1). I did not bother limiting the PER since it the total was already at 1 Real Point.

- E

Edited by eepjr24
Added OBS (-1) to telescopic sight

12 minutes ago, Brian Stanfield said:

By the way, have you compared the stats to the 5e Equipment Guide? They are actually cheaper, so it looks like there's an intentional adjustment in the 6e guide. 

No, I would have to dig my paper copy out of the box. =P

I guess I can ask Steve, I just feel like it's not a core rules question, maybe? Maybe I will just message him and ask him to look at the thread when he gets a moment.

- E

I looked through the book for the detailed explanations on the builds, but they are done more like the genre books, offering a lot of possibilities for what can be done in a build, not necessarily what is done in a build. It may be worth getting a .pdf version of the book just to look at the material.