Please no more Royal Wedding

Badger

2 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Charles II of Spain seems to have been the son of Phillip IV and Phillip IV's own niece. There's a lot of branches that curve back on themselves there.

Carlos_segundo80.png.40e4c8efab0d8d810d2f2d4e6452ab2f.png

Yeah, that was why I mentioned him, whatwith the virtually branchless family tree plus the fact he had some physical deformities (I read somewhere his underbite was so pronounced he had trouble fully closing his mouth)

55 minutes ago, Old Man said:

The inbreeding is nothing compared to the atrocities committed by absolute monarchs who answer to no one and believe themselves inherently superior to their subjects. I couldn’t care less who they have consensual sex with. 

Hmm, I need to be pronounced god-king of Endor.

Note:  Before anyone says anything, for the atrocities not the sex, you sick #@$#s

16 hours ago, Marcus Impudite said:

more than a few of those bloodlines would've been better served if those lords had had a comely peasant girl or two brought to their bed chambers...

Are you volunteering? I know you (probably) don't qualify for the "girl"...erm...qualifier, and you probably don't reside in the U.K. (nothing that isn't fixed with a plane ticket and royal lucre greasing the palms of immigration services), but other than those hurdles...

17 hours ago, Old Man said:

The inbreeding is nothing compared to the atrocities committed by absolute monarchs who answer to no one and believe themselves inherently superior to their subjects. I couldn’t care less who they have consensual sex with. 

Well  I'm no fan of inherited governmental power either; I'm an Australian republican* and a giant Lefty. And I can think of at least one monarch who's personal fief was a sight of generations of atrocities that extended into the 20th century (Leopold of Belgium , I'm looking at you! The Romanov's weren't exactly friends to the common people either.) But even to me your statement just comes across as very... erm... angry and personal. Which I guess begs the question how old are you?

*This is in no way related to the American political party of the same name.

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

The Spanish Royal line was part of the Hapsburg family. There's none of that over here.

Yep the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or whatever they call themselves now have their own inbreeding. Let's face it, it wouldn't be inbreeding if they went around breeding with lots of other people.

8 hours ago, death tribble said:

The Spanish Royal line was part of the Hapsburg family. There's none of that over here.

Could have been. Mary I was married to Philip II of Spain until she died. (He remarried twice afterwards.)

But there was plenty of inbreeding even without that. William III and Mary II were cousins, for example.