How to Build: Dancing weapons?

Ragitsu

Also upon reflection, not so sure the wand even needs Trigger at all, the description implies the "Wand" is just an Indirect Power that can be activated from wherever the Foci is (usually your hand, but useful if you are disarmed, or need to plan a distraction).

Bixby Wand:  RKA 1d6, Indirect (Origin is Wand; +1/4) (19 APs); Incantations (-1/4), OIF (-1/2) 50 Charges Which Never Recover (-1 1/2).

• 1 month later...

I’d do a dancing sword something like this:

PS: Tap Dancing 

PS: Ballroom Dancing 

PS: Latin Dancing 

PS: Folk Dancing 

Flight 3” (Only up to 6 feet high)

An embedded “Computer” enchantment so it knows when to start and stop, plus where it has room to dance (some dances like the tango and quick step require a lot of room).

If you want it to dance to musical accompaniment, some GM’s might make you buy normal hearing for it but I’d throw that in for free. YMMV

Come to think of it, you could buy it as a vehicle since many dances require that you pick up and move your partner.

30 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

But how would you simulate the dosado or the promenade? 

You need a partner for many dance moves. A partner could be another dancing weapon or a person who just grabs the weapon to be “in hold”.

Obviously, holding both ends of a dancing staff would be easier than holding both ends of a dancing sword. And I don’t even want to think about the complications of a partner mounting and dismounting during lifts for a dancing sword.

I think the topic is more the capability to dance than to have an opportunity to do some particular dance move. Professional dancers are still professional dancers even when they don’t have a partner or when they aren’t dancing at all.