Champions Now Information

On 1/17/2020 at 1:12 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

Has there been any word on when this is going up on the Hero store?

The latest update here and on the Kickstarter forum are that the goal is a January 2020 publication for the backers but there's no mention of when it would be available for purchase at the Hero store. The update describes that the graphic layout is still being worked on and that they are using raw, unfinished art in the process as chapter headers.

It's good to hear that the idea of using rough art drafts and unfinished works was dropped. As one of the backers commented on the Kickstarter forum, the raw, unfinished art was not what they were told they were paying for when they supported the project.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, fdw3773 said:

The latest Champions Now update on Kickstarter states that the first draft still needs to be reviewed and surveyed by backers before publication, with the tagline, "It shouldn't be much longer now." Given the projected completion date was June 2019, it's safe to say that the fans who supported the Kickstarter effort have been extremely patient.

It's curious that there hasn't been much promotion by Hero Games beyond the initial announcement and follow-on justification of the project when there was some fan pushback. One cannot help but start to believe the criticism that Champions Now is an exercise in self-indulgence by an external game designer that the fans paid for via Kickstarter. 😒

Sadly a KS being 6-12 months late is in no way unusual. When I back a KS I usually mentally tack an extra 6 months on to whatever date they promise. The only KS's I can think I've backed that have been on time have either been very small things that were already ready to go pre-KS (i.e. that KS was essentially a pre-order), anything by Kevin Crawford because that man is a legend, and one or two other big companies. Everything else, well over 75-80% of my KS have been late, often a year or more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo!

The final PDF version is available for backers to download, and the process of printing the hard copy versions is in train.

It looks like the art ended up being finished in a bit of a rush, which is a shame, but it's not terrible. It's a bit jarring seeing Defender, Kinetik, Ironclad etc in a non-Champions Universe book, but apparently that was what was on hand.

I'm sure I can do better than the official character sheet.

Anyway, the game is out now, and it's time to get started.

EDIT: Is there going to be a forum dedicated to it on this site, do we have to piggyback on Champions or what?

• Simon unpinned this topic