High Range Radio Hearing and Transmit

dsatow

Question

I've think you've answered this, but I can't seem to search and find it.  I apologize if its a repeat.

HRRH says you can transmit what you see and hear.  It notes that you can transmit what you see and hear, but how far does that go?  

What I mean is, can you use the power to send false signals or misleading images or do you need a second power to fake the images over radio?  Example, making it sound as if a reported is saying something when they are actually saying something else.

What about memories?  Can you have seen or heard something and send that via radio?  

If you can send non-live images and sound, can someone with a detective's skill tell its false or a recording?

1 answer to this question

APG 96 has some information and rules that are pertinent to these questions, so I’ll refer you there to start. Beyond that, I can provide some general answers, but otherwise my best advice is to rely on your common and dramatic sense.

It’s certainly possible for a character to Transmit false information, if he has the means to do so. For example, he could say over the radio that the enemy is at Point A, when the enemy is really at Point B. But if for some reason a character is Transmitting what someone else is saying or doing, he’d need some sort of Images-based power to “falsify” what the people receiving the transmission see and hear. Depending on the circumstances, the GM might allow the receiver some sort of roll (such as a Systems Operation roll, or an INT Roll) to determine that the transmission is false, or that it’s been tampered with.

A character cannot “telepathically” Transmit his memories via radio. He could describe what he remembers orally and Transmit that, though.