Trying to build a healer...

Sorloc

Vampiric Healing:  (Total: 35 Active Cost, 26 Real Cost) Drain BODY 3d6 (30 Active Points); Linked (Part B; -1/4) (Real Cost: 24) plus Rapid Healing (Can Heal Limbs) (5 Active Points); Only to BODY Drained (-1), Linked (Part A; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 12:25 PM, Sorloc said:

Trying to build a healer in fantasy hero 5th... 

I'm looking for a way to do vampiric style healing; when I heal you, I take damage, but I can damage others and heal myself...

For the healing ability, the damage to yourself sounds like a Side Effect. But I don’t remember if Side Effects are in 5th edition.

I only ever used side effects in lengthy rituals and then the effect being a Flash or a STR/EGO/ED etc. Drain which wouldn’t cripple my ability to move.

Being blinded, deafened, weakened, or more open to damaging outside energies always seemed thematically appropriate “payment” for conducting magic rituals.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

I always used to put the Side Effect damage on the person being healed. 

"You're wounded!  Here, let me try and heal that."

"NO!  No, I'm fine.  Really!"  *bleeding*

That sounds painful. :)

But it reminds me of a campaign where we would have the mage change clothing with the cleric.

The “cleric” would offer to cast a “blessing” on a dim-witted or gullible NPC, with the blessing usually being some sort of charm/mind control. (Gullible people wouldn’t pick up on what was happening as they’d be on their knees with their eyes closed.)

Then we’d parlay that NPC into access to some place, person, or job which we wouldn’t otherwise have had.