Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

Ok folks. I just noticed an announcement for a new product. "Forgotten Enemies #1". The first one focuses on Gryphon, Halfjack (who had 5th edition stats in the VIPER book), and Hideous. I don't own this book yet, but, well...

Is Halfjack still a member of VIPER's Dragon Branch?

Is Hideous still the rampaging beauty smasher, or is he more akin to Jason Vorhears, killing anyone who enters his territory? Has Gryphon devolved into a mindless beast, or has he recovered some human intelagence?

Also, who would YOU like the author to tackle next? Mine is Timemaster, followed by Road Kill.

This could be a case by case situation sort of thing. Or they might not care to much, as long as the writer asks if it is ok first. Or something in between. I wouldn't know since I don't own Hero Games.

But assume they own everyone they written up from 5th edition on. Anything before 5th is simply guesswork.

I hope though that they aren’t just 6ed versions of previous selves. Like perhaps not equal OCV and DCV and maybe one power that you couldn’t do in previous editions.

Depends on the character concept, and the author's view of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Ankylosaur's partner in crime, the Manticore (I think that was his name, anyway).

Bringing back Fenris Wolf from one of the early 'international' Enemies books would be cool too.

And who was the female Chinese master villain who was some sort of mutant vampire with a hard of supervillain underlings? That whole "scientific" take on vampirism in a superhero setting was pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Ankylosaur's partner in crime, the Manticore (I think that was his name, anyway).

Bringing back Fenris Wolf from one of the early 'international' Enemies books would be cool too.

And who was the female Chinese master villain who was some sort of mutant vampire with a hard of supervillain underlings? That whole "scientific" take on vampirism in a superhero setting was pretty cool.

Ankylosaur's partner was Wyvern.

I believe the group you're looking for is VOICE, lead by "Red Dragon".

4 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Well I always liked Jabberock, the Buffalo and the Amazing Darkon. Also though mentioned in Jabberock’s background, I don’t recall seeing a write up of the Thugmaster. I wouldn’t mind seeing that. Oh and how about Fire and Ice?

Well, I believe all the mentioned characters are Denis Mahony characters. Because of that (and the fact he owns the comic book company Heroic Graphics, and what he said about Hero Games in the past), I don't think we will see any of them as a part of this series.

If course, that don't prevent someone to write a multi system guidebook for League of Champions...

Sledge is part of TF-1 in the SIDS Report line along with Piledriver but with new powers. Next up is Geodesics. I have a few others slotted for future issuse. Rainbow Archer and Wyvern are as well. Planning on Dr. Lirby Koo as well, though I'm leaning to his own PDF and most likely a free download one to boot.

My goal for this series is to bring characters from the early edition of Champions that haven't been updated to 5th or 6th. I missed HalfJack being in 5th edition of Viper but don't have any plans to duplicate characters already presented in Hero Games products. 

I will be converting some, upgrading others and adjusting origins as well. I'm open for suggestions on villains to be updated if you care to make suggestions.

45 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Tiger this may sound dumb, but I assume you have the rights/permission for the characters? I assume so since you product is sold on Hero games website. 

Yes, have permission from Hero Games for using the characters. They of course still own them, just allowed me to use them in the product

On 6/9/2018 at 4:51 PM, Ninja-Bear said:

I hope though that they aren’t just 6ed versions of previous selves. Like perhaps not equal OCV and DCV and maybe one power that you couldn’t do in previous editions.

Some are, some aren't. I'm not wanting to reinvent the wheel or anything. However, the system has evolved and understanding it has as well. There are abilities that weren't considered in the early editions that are used now. Some powers are new too, so I'm trying to stay honest to the original characters but including new concepts as well

36 minutes ago, tiger said:

Another thing I should mention is that in their background I'm treating them all as Mercenaries. They won't be linked to a specific group unless it's in their original origin. This may be changed as well depending.

Ok...the 5th edition origin of Halfjack had him as a VIPER grunt who got half his body blasted in battle. That still there?

6 minutes ago, tiger said:

I went with his origin from 4th. Which was a Merc wounded in battle and taken to the wrong doctor. Thats the short version

Nothing too different than the 5ed VIPER version, except that Halfjack is a Dragon Branch agent. But "Dragon Branch" can be many a thing, from a trusted agent with superpowers to just some guy they hired for a long time job.

I'm more interested in how you did Hidious' fearsome appearance under his mask.