Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

Some more things to think about...

Dart and Ultraviolet's kids. Even if Dart and Ultraviolet are not clones, Dr. Koo might keep the two close to him and away from there parents. Dr. Koo suspects them of developing great mutant powers which might be helpful in his quest to unlock the hidden secrets of genetics (take that Tellos!). Eventually he might add them to The Geodesics if there powers only turn out to be ordinary in nature.

45 minutes ago, tiger said:

The Asesinos! (The villains from the sample adventure in the BBB.) was suggested on thread on Hero System Facebook page. Also Zodiac, I hadn't thought of either one till they suggested them.

Both have small problems. Zodiac was given back to the original author, who used them in another pen and paper superhero rpg. The problem with the Asesinos is that there is a new Stalker in 5th and 6th, a vampire which has no contact with the Asesinos and is nothing like the old one. Can the group jell together without there vampire leader? Or can the universe handle two vampires named Stalker?

I have done quite a few updates to 4th edition characters and earlier in a previous thread.  However, they are not changed or rebuilt, they are just converted into 6th edition rules.  The Aesesinos and Zodiac are both rebuilt in that thread for you to use in your game if you want.

Also, having two characters named the same thing isn't unreasonable or even confusing, it could just lead to interesting conflicts and interactions.

8 minutes ago, tiger said:

Could easily give him a different name or replace him. I have an idea for a replacement now that I think about it. Have to do some checking on Stalker in 5-6th too.

5th is in Vibora Bay. 6th is in...CVV3? Have to check that out myself.

1 minute ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I have done quite a few updates to 4th edition characters and earlier in a previous thread.  However, they are not changed or rebuilt, they are just converted into 6th edition rules.  The Aesesinos and Zodiac are both rebuilt in that thread for you to use in your game if you want.

Tiger is searching for stuff to publish, as he is one of the third party publishers keeping Hero alive.

6 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Tiger is searching for stuff to publish, as he is one of the third party publishers keeping Hero alive.

Well more of what characters people may like to see. Have several projects planned, but always like to know what others might like or find useful.

1 minute ago, tiger said:

Well more of what characters people may like to see. Have several projects planned, but always like to know what others might like or find useful.

We are both correct in a way. And I thank you for your service to our fandom, sir.

And yes, a revived Aesesinoes would be lovely. Some links to TI (there the favorite go-to group for a certain bad professor even before his, ahem, death for distractions and enforcing his will without the outside world realizing it is him and his group), perhaps a few run-ins with Sparkler...

And what he's doing is updating and rebuilding them into more interesting characters, all I did was rewrite the exact same character updated into 6th edition, so its not as good or useful for GMs.  Its just for characters like Zodiac, who can't be republished, this is an alternative for GMs to use.

1 minute ago, tiger said:

Chris has published some material as well, just in case you didn't know

I didn't know. I salute him also. You two are doing more than I in keeping Hero alive.

My 'Rookie Enemies' project is always in the planning stage, and I don't have the guts to really publish Mr. Wicked or Malkronous.

But anyways...topic drift.

Let's look at the members of the Aesesinoes.

The Main: There is a lot to improve with this character. But...why? This character is meant to be the comic relief in what would be a bunch of scary killer mercenaries and assassins.

Montana: An innocent baby in a see of wolves. Mind you, Montana is a 'baby' earth elemental. Another character which might seem out of place.

El Murto Obsecura: If Stalker would be unavailable, then I would give the leadership role to him. Also, links to Dr. Lirby Koo, and this the Geodeciens.

Mosquito: Little blood sucking spy and annoyance. A perfect fit.

Osolite: Feral wear-osolote and pet to Stalker. Needs not be so dependant to the amulet he wears.

Stalker: Or "El Ascosador", if you must change his name. Keep him much as is (perhaps give him more temporary boost than STR after he drinks blood).

Spider Monkey: A uplifted spider monkey with mental powers and who doesn't like us much. Stat her straight razor which she carries in his artwork. And a bit more mental powers.

Tombstone Kid: Give the undead cowboy some more gun powers. Here is an idea, give his 666 charges on his gun multi power, which each charge represents a soul he murdered in life and bound to his service in unlife as a bullet.

Out of all the members, I would replace Montana with another brick which would be a better fit. Main I could do away with myself. This is an eight member team.

I just thought of something. Members 9f the Asesinoes kinda match the classic Universal Monsters,. Not all of them, of course, but many.

Stalker: Dracula.

El Muto Obscuro: The Invisible Man.

Ocolotie: The Wolf Man.

Tombstone Kid: The Mummy.

Mosquito: The Fly.

All we need is Frankenstine's Monster and it would be complete.

Give Spider Monkey some gills and web fingers and toes, and she becomes...the Gill (wo)Man. And that also makes her a sea monkey. Make her able to grow, and she becomes Queen Kong.

Rip The Main apart, then put him together again, and he becomes the Frankenstine Monster. That is, both man and machine together.

Um, could we go even farther and think about the Metaluna Mutant from "This Island Earth"?

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

Tombstone Kid: Give the undead cowboy some more gun powers. Here is an idea, give his 666 charges on his gun multi power, which each charge represents a soul he murdered in life and bound to his service in unlife as a bullet.

That is a great idea! I suppose he 'recharges' by shooting more people?

On 6/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, steriaca said:

Ok folks. I just noticed an announcement for a new product. "Forgotten Enemies #1". The first one focuses on Gryphon, Halfjack (who had 5th edition stats in the VIPER book), and Hideous. I don't own this book yet, but, well...

Is Halfjack still a member of VIPER's Dragon Branch?

Is Hideous still the rampaging beauty smasher, or is he more akin to Jason Vorhears, killing anyone who enters his territory? Has Gryphon devolved into a mindless beast, or has he recovered some human intelagence?

Also, who would YOU like the author to tackle next? Mine is Timemaster, followed by Road Kill.

How about the  Corruptors Of All ,Deathstroke, ATLAS, Utility, Fire&Ice Jabberock Spectra[they're bOyfriend and Girlfriend respectively] Beamline,Monpole, and a host of others?