Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

I'd like to see an updated Beamline, myself.  I had the idea that he would try and form his own villain team--the Society for Scientific Supremacy, an organization he hoped would realize his dreams of a scientific oligarchy.  I figured he'd recruit such characters as Avar-7, Ladybug, Thunderbolt (pre-Ultimates) and Vibron (the original)  While the first two may be "forgotten," the other two already have a place in the current Champions Universe.  Perhaps Charger could be brought back and given a place in the Society, and the original Vibron brought back and given a new name.  Or you could find other science and tech-oriented villains to join with Beamline.

Hope that helps.

23 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

I'd like to see an updated Beamline, myself.  I had the idea that he would try and form his own villain team--the Society for Scientific Supremacy, an organization he hoped would realize his dreams of a scientific oligarchy.  I figured he'd recruit such characters as Avar-7, Ladybug, Thunderbolt (pre-Ultimates) and Vibron (the original)  While the first two may be "forgotten," the other two already have a place in the current Champions Universe.  Perhaps Charger could be brought back and given a place in the Society, and the original Vibron brought back and given a new name.  Or you could find other science and tech-oriented villains to join with Beamline.

Hope that helps.

I like your idea, but AVAR-7 is in Mechanon's camp (CVV1, Book of the Machine).

Humm...if Beamline would form such a group, using villains forgotten by 5th and 6th edition, who would he use?

Ladybug has the scientific chops to join.

Professor Pomagranet comes to mind, except Heroic Publishing is using him. Along with the Ubermachien villains. Perhaps a new villain with a similar random power granting machine?

Malachite is a genetic supervillain and would be world conquer who is also a potential member of this group. Unbenounced to all (including Malachite), his 'rival' Telos is monitoring everything Malachite does (also unbenounced to everyone, Malachite is a clone of Telos, designed to experiment different mutations before he tries them upon himself).

Doctor Lirby Koo is also a scientist when he is not busy being a martial artist criminal mastermind.

Monopole from Enemies Viliancy Unbound is no scientist. Still, he provides the extremely secure computer network they all use to contact each other. Also, he is a self-taught expert in magnetics and electronics. And he has extremely deep contacts in the super-criminal underworld (it pays to publish an underground supervillain newspaper).

And...Mammoth from European Enemies? He has the intelligence to join, but would Beamline let him? He is a brick, you know. And we know how Beamline feels about bricks.

I think Starseer might make a better fit for the Society than he would Bullet's Raiders.  Beamline would figure that as an alien being, his knowledge of advanced science and technology would be invaluable in developing and utilizing whatever technology they steal.

The same could be said of Thok.  (Talk about a forgotten enemy--did anyone actually use him in their game?)

4 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

I myself would like to see Ray from Enemies 1 brought back. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Psi-Kin from Enemies Unbound.

The Psi-Kin might be interesting. A family of telekinetic siblings (and I don't think any of them actually have the power itself). A few extra powers to them should be good. Like each member having Mind Link to each other. I always thought Crimson was an interesting build (Extra Limbs and Stretching).

Well, Ninja Bear, those "limbs" are composed of telekinetic energy, but in all, they function as "arms". It would be interesting if they could be either arms or legs or whatever else he wishes at will. So, if he wishes to use his " TK " to fly, he might form two telekinetic wings. Climb a wall? Spider legs. Need reach and flexibility? Tentacles, just as long as he needs no fine manipulation.

Another power Crimson could develop is to create telekinetic bodies, bought as Summon. But would that be to "Jojo"?

Thinking about the other Psi-Kin siblings.

Alabaster: He has complete telekinetic control of his cell stricter. This calls for classic Plastic Man style shape changing, stretching, and extra physical limbs whenever he wishes. Also, he has complete telekinetic control of anything he touches. This is represented by Regeneration Usable By Others (cause there is no Healing in Champions 3). He could easily telekinetically taken apart any object he touches (transform, HKA NND Does Body). Forcently for all, Alabaster doesn't like to kill.

Emerald: I can see her do things with her shield. From forming up to four floating green shields, to warping people up in her shield, to creating walls.

Indigo: He is the guy who actually have the TK power. Unlike his siblings, he has a nice mix of normal "mental" powers and other mental powers. I can't see how he can improve.

I will say on some of the group's the lineup may change based in artwork. I'm mainly nusing Heromachine, which can be limited, and I have an agreement with Storn Cooke to use his art. Deadman here on the forums has done some awesome images with Heromachine too. Still some characters may change, plus upgrading can change them as well. I do try and stay true to the source material whenever possible though.

I can see Princess' role expanded a bit, considering the changes in Mental Illusions from 3rd to 4th edition (ok...I'm assuming that 3rd edition MI couldn't do damage, which would have explained her Force Wall and Energy Blast in her write-up). I see her 'damsel in distress' stick being less about her obsession with bad romantic fiction, and more about her need to be the center of attention and manipulation of people to get what she wants. I see her as a manipulative bitch. She uses her damsel in distress status to get close to heroes, and can basically (and will) turn on a hero when rejected. Yes, a hero can be hunted by Princess, as she changes from a hapless heiress to secret supporter of your heroes enemies, who provides them with the information they really should not know.

3 hours ago, Steve said:

He wasn't mentioned until three pages into the thread, but I want to throw my support behind Shamrock getting an update.

He was worked up in 5th, FE is converting characters from 1-4th that hadn't been already converted

Anybody have an idea about how to incorporate Malachite in a world where Telos exists? While Telos was based on Malachite (with a name and slight focus change), I think there are enough differences between them for both to exist. But, they do have the same origin.

58 minutes ago, FenrisUlf said:

He was? What book did this happen in?

And when and where did this 'Princess' character first show up?

Princess showed up in Enemies: Villancy Unbound, page 43. The idea was that she was a bored rich spoiled girl who is obsessed with becoming the girlfriend of whatever superhero she 5akes fancy to. She also has superpowers which activate whenever she is bored, causing illusions of villains which spring up to 'kidnap' her and try to fight the hero/es.

As for Shamrock 5ed, I'm just as stumped as you are. Hazard seemed to be the kinda replacement.