Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

On 4/9/2019 at 10:22 PM, tiger said:

Liking the idea more & more

Glad I could help. :)

Hmm... in Dean Shomshak's Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies, for 4E Champs, Dean introduced the vampire now known as Lady Twilight, whose back story had her being "turned" at the end of the 19th Century by one of her lovers -- 4E Stalker. She'd become a crime lord, mainly as a challenge to relieve her boredom, but found mundane crime to have grown too easy. Her Stalker connection could lead to her acting as the Asesinos' current leader, either as Stalker's proxy while he's active elsewhere, or after tracking his past activities and deciding that taking control of his former flunkies would provide more thrilling diversions.

6 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Glad I could help. :)

Hmm... in Dean Shomshak's Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies, for 4E Champs, Dean introduced the vampire now known as Lady Twilight, whose back story had her being "turned" at the end of the 19th Century by one of her lovers -- 4E Stalker. She'd become a crime lord, mainly as a challenge to relieve her boredom, but found mundane crime to have grown too easy. Her Stalker connection could lead to her acting as the Asesinos' current leader, either as Stalker's proxy while he's active elsewhere, or after tracking his past activities and deciding that taking control of his former flunkies would provide more thrilling diversions.

That can work...

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the group has lead to a interesting question. When I update older character I tend to keep complications to 50-100 points. I eliminate some of the old disadvantages that they may have. Would you prefer all old disadvantages make it to the new write up or just some of the major ones?

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Working on the group has lead to a interesting question. When I update older character I tend to keep complications to 50-100 points. I eliminate some of the old disadvantages that they may have. Would you prefer all old disadvantages make it to the new write up or just some of the major ones?

I don't mind altered disadvantages myself. Especially if it makes sense and helps characters fit into the group theam. For example, take The Main. Most members of Los Asesions have something mystical about them. Making him cursed (giving him a few dice of Unluck, a mystical DF of being cursed) can have him fit in. Might also be an excuse to give him a few dice of Luck also, with the special effect of his 'curse' affecting others around him.

With 6th you get X amount of points and then X amount of matching complications, where earlier edition gave you more points to spend by taking more send more disadvantages. I like "streamlining" the characters and reducing the complications taken. However, I was thinking that player may like all the old disadvantages being updated as well as powers and skills. Was just curious how people felt. 

Los Asesions:

I am looking as I write this on the COTN:HE pdf, and Lady Twilight's stats. Yes, she can work as a co-leader. She could have minor magical powers. This might make her more of a combat threat, othoe she originally was not made for direct combat.

Stalker: As a bonus, you could include a 6ed writeup of his 4th edition self. There is nothing wrong with giving GMs options if they dislike the 5th and 6th edition version.

Ocelote: Good as is, except he needs a bit more survivability.

The Tombstone Kid: Nothing really needs updating, unless you want him to do more tricky gun stuff. Gun Fu might be needed. As with Dirty Infighting and Knifefighting and Wrestling (Injin Wrestling). Scary thought, undead energy blaster/martial artist.

Mosquito: Annoying SOB. Could be "vampiric" without being undead (a hemovore, or blood eater). Perhaps he can also summon and command a swarm of mosquitos.

The Maine: I already mentioned the idea that he is cursed (both harmful to him way, and harmful to others way). Should his activation rolls be increased? (11-)

Spider Monkey: I can see her having stronger psychic powers. Mind Control animals, Mental Entangle, and the like. Plus, she needs her razor stated (OIF, cause she can always use TK to grab it back).

Montana: Give it Tunneling and Desolification (merge into the earth). Beyond that, it is perfect. Perhaps Five Nights at Freddy perfect.

El Muerto Obscuro (The Dark Death): Columbian ninja with ties to Dr. Kirby Loo (or is that Dr. Lirby Koo?). Loo of course knows and approves of him being in that group. I see him now knowing various ninja skills (Invisibility, Darkness, etc). And an increase weapon selection. Perhaps even a poison which reduces a man into black goo in a day.

El Calataz (The Overseer): A former Columbian drug kingpin who use to use the group many a time (to kill off rivals in Columbia, Mexico, and the United States, along with various heroes of Columbia and Mexico). Till he pissed off Lady Twilight by speaking badly about her in a way which displeased her. In retaliation, Lady Twilight broke his spine, then made him drink her blood, turning him into a ghoul (or whatever you call a human addicted to vampire "essence"). Now he is a mini-brick with odd physical powers who has to obey Lady Twilight's command because he is an addict. Without her blood each day, he looses his powers, and the ability to walk or use his arms, along with madding physical and withdraw pains.

Hope my ideas help. And yes, I made El Calataz a member (othoe in reality, he is more like a toadie for Lady Midnight). He is an example of how someone mighty and feared can fall.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:01 PM, Duke Bushido said:

Abra Cadaver

M&M Threat Report had a villain with that name which I converted.  Here you go!

Abracadaver

Val    Char    Cost    Roll    Notes
    40    STR    30    17-    Lift 6400.0kg; 8d6 [4]
    18    DEX    24    13-    OCV:  6/DCV:  6
    30    CON    40    15-
    10    BODY    0    11-
    15    INT    5    12-    PER Roll 12-
    13    EGO    6    12-    ECV:  4
    15    PRE    5    14-    PRE Attack:  5d6
    2    COM    -4    9-

8+27    PD    0        Total:  8/35 PD (8/35 rPD)
    8+27    ED    2        Total:  8/35 ED (8/35 rED)
    5    SPD    22        Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
    14    REC    0
    60    END    0
    45    STUN    0    Total Characteristic Cost:  130

Movement:    Running:    6"/12"
    Leaping:    8"/16"
    Swimming:    2"/4"
    Teleportation:    15"/240"

Cost    Powers    END
30    Chunck of body parts:  Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); Ablative BODY or STUN (-1)
8    Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)
14    Dark armour:  Force Field (7 PD/7 ED)    1
7    Offence only Pre:  +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-½)
70    Multipower, 56-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (70 Active Points)
5u    1)  Dark bolt:  Energy Blast 11d6 (55 Active Points)    2
5u    2)  Dark tendrils:  Entangle 6d6, 5 DEF (55 Active Points)    2
5u    3)  Dead of night:  Darkness to Sight Group 5" radius, Alterable Size (55 Active Points)    2
6u    4)  Death's door:  Teleportation 15", x16 Noncombat, Safe Blind Teleport (+¼) (56 Active Points)    3
5u    5)  Drain life:  Drain CON 3 ½d6, Ranged (+½) (52 Active Points)    2
5    Nightvision
15    Life:  Detect A Large Class Of Things 12- (Sight Group), Discriminatory
27    Zombie minions:  Summon 16 100-point zombies (40 Active Points); Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-½)    4
50    Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 10 control cost, Delayed Effect (+¼) (65 Active Points); VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-½), Requires A Skill Roll (-½), Requires A Skill Roll (-½)

Talents
5    Magesight

Skills
3    Disguise 12-
11    Power:  magic 16-
3    KS: medicine 12-
3    KS: magic 12-
3    Oratory 14-
3    Sleight Of Hand 13-
3    Contortionist 13-
3    Concealment 12-
3    Stealth 13-
3    Shadowing 12-
3    Paramedics 12-
16    +2 with All Combat
10    +2 with Ranged Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  324
Total Cost:  454

200+    Disadvantages
25    Distinctive Features:  (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20    Psychological Limitation:  Power hungry (Common; Total)
10    Rivalry:  Professional (; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15    Physical Limitation:  Dead (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)
10    Hunted:  Police 8- (Less Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
174    Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points:  454
Earned Experience:  0
Spent Experience:  174
Unspent Experience:  0

Background/History:  Martin Archery AKA Mortimer Coffin was a magician in search of fame.  But it just kept eluding him until he found THE BLACK BOOK.  Reading it, he found it was a grimore of spells and dark power.  He kept at the book day and night until he finished.  And found that he was dead.  And in possession of great power.  Calling himself Abracadaver, her searches the world for great power.  

Personality/Motivation:  A dark necromancer mixed with a stage magician.  Abracadaver is powerful, and he will do actions with a sense of flair and showmanship.  But at heart, he is a power hungry dark mage, and when he has to, he can very nasty.

Quote:  

Powers/Tactics:  His darkness set give him good offence and his undead state mend he can suck up damage that he wouldn't look like he can do.  Add some summoned Zombie minions and a ritual VPP, means he can have some nasty surprises for the pc's if can prepare a bit.  Also do not forget his strength, which can be a nasty surprise for those who are used to weak mage types.

Campaign Use:  A rival for a PC magician is most likely.  He tends to solo a lot, but there may be villains who can tolerate him.  (V&V's Samhain and Maratulku would be perfect allies)

Appearance:  A zombie in top hat and tails with a big cape!

5 hours ago, tiger said:

I leaning to making the female on the cover a updated lady twilight. She has a background that includes Stalker and she's a lower powered character as is the group. Seems a good fit to me, no name change planned.

Yes. And who is to say that a 100+ year old vampire wouldn't change fashion taist from time to time.

Ok. We have ten writeups in this group (maximum). Minimum of 8. Of course, this group is a nine-member group, but Stalker has a reason to keep himself away from the others at this time and let his woman have control for a while.

As for the group's goals? They are legendary assassins for hire, specializing in killing superbeings. Lady Twilight is also a crime lord (or more correctly crime lady), and uses the group as enforcers.

Each member of the group has there own goals also. The Overseer wishes to get his free will back without the loss of his powers, but because of the bond of blood, there is no thought he can make that Lady Twilight does not know and punish him for. Spider Monkey wants to kill all humans. Montana wants people to play with, and dislikes that humans are so breakable. The Dark Death wants to avenge the destruction of his family's organized crime syndicate. Tombstone Kid, to hear the screams of souls. You get the idea.

6 hours ago, tiger said:

I leaning to making the female on the cover a updated lady twilight. She has a background that includes Stalker and she's a lower powered character as is the group. Seems a good fit to me, no name change planned.

LT's attitude and motivations give her good reason to join and use this group. There's more than enough work in Latin America to support a team of super-assassins. As the supernatural members were originally metaphysically linked to Stalker, it would be reasonable for them to also be attracted to a vampire of his making.

However, I would suggest defining LT's motivation in relation to Stalker. Has she reformed the Asesinos as Stalker's proxy, because he's occupied elsewhere? Was she inspired by his example, but doing this independently? Or has she taken over in defiance of him, maybe even planning to use the team against him?

Great questions Lord Liaden. Those can only be answered by Tiger, then be reinterpreted by each GM.

We can assume, if we are going with the 5th and 6th edition of Stalker, that the original team was formed a bit before his fateful final encounter with one of the Black Mask. So, the members? Perhaps Tombstone Kid, Montana, the spirit in Ocelote's amulet possessing a body are sure in. Lady Twilight? Maybe. Depends on things. Why did Stalker leave them behind to confront Black Mask? Overconfidence? Then why form the group then?

As for Lady Twilight, her prime motivation is to relieve her eternal boredom, at least for a small time.

Why haven't the others gathered together to get revenge on Black Mask? Well, what if the Black Mask confronted most of the members before staking out Stalker? Montana could of been tricked by it's childlike mind to 'go to sleep'. Tombstone Kid, blasted apart by TNT in an old abandoned mine (would take forever to put himself back together and then did himself out). Ocelote, his amulet gets ripped off his body, triggering the reverse change or slow destruction of the host body. Lady Twilight, bored out of her skull, leaves for darker nights (she does not exactly love Stalker more than anything else...in fact she loves excitement more than Stalker).

Why would Lady Twilight revive the group? Loneliness and excitement and foggy memories of better times.

So, what does Lady Twilight get out of this? Excitement. Stalker? Reconnecting with someone he feels he truly loves. A someone he can trust to continue the group while he is taking care of Black Mask and the Black Mask legacy. Stalker expects her to step down when he is ready, to be merely a second in command when he is ready.

I don't think Lady Twilight would give up her main leadership position just because Stalker is ready. And like vampires, they both should be looking at the long term. As not in years, but in centuries.