Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

• 2 weeks later...

So, some thoughts.

We are getting an updated Assineos (forgive me for misspelling this name). That feels good and pushes my nostalgia button.

Special VIPER edition: Not confirmed 100%, but it may be in the works. There are so many super-snakes from them throughout the editions that many people miss them.

Old Team's, And Other Strangeness: I ponder about stuff. Eclipse is perhaps one of the shining lights of European Enemies. But then again, it needs polish, an extremely good calculator, and someone willing to apply logic and get rid of some of the stereotypes which do not work (I'm looking at you Godfather). I kinda miss Road Kill, and wonder what they are doing now. The Psi-Kin are interesting, kinda a psionic superpowered backwoods good old boy family then a supervillain team. 

And don't forget that other book Tiger is working on, with Jabberock and company. Which reminds me, does he have a writeup for Professor Pomegranate?

6 hours ago, steriaca said:

Ah. I found it. *smiled* But my word crimes would be an interesting supplement, if one could read it.

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

Which book? The one with Jabberock and company? The Assininos? A book on my word crimes?

Sorry, The Asesinos SIIDs Report is finished 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the SID Report. The group looks ok. I wanted the stats for 4ed Stalker as a side thing, but that could be saved for when you updated it.

So far, most of the characters are standard stuff from 4ed. Only Lady Twilight gets a power boost of sorts, allowing her to fight toe to toe with others.

Oddly there is no mention of the Geodecients in El Murtie Obcureo's entry. Sure, they should not be mentioned in his origin, but it should slightly unnerve him that Dr. Loo (Koo? Are they the same people?) has his own superteam which he can use.

(And forgive me for name butchering)

On 6/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, steriaca said:

Why did you not update the Champions to 6th edition cast? Of course, your universe might be "if 4th edition world did not end", so I might be answering my own question.

If you mean from forth, Flare, Marksman etc, they aren't owned by Hero Games. They're owned by Heroic Publishing and now called The League of Champions.

2 hours ago, tiger said:

If you mean from forth, Flare, Marksman etc, they aren't owned by Hero Games. They're owned by Heroic Publishing and now called The League of Champions.

No, I mean Quantum, from 4ed. Reread the bio.

Quantum doesn't exist in 6ed. The black woman energy blaster has kinda been replaced with a Hispanic woman energy blaster (in other words, Quantum to Sapphire).

On 5/19/2019 at 10:54 AM, tiger said:

Just went through the book again. Still love VF-1, still not fond of VF-2. Will admit that there are a couple villains in the VF-2 I like however.

What is it about VF-2 you dislike?  I admit they are far less powerful, but this is the group you bring out to teach your PC's about tactics.  They should be less powerful than the PC's but tight with combo attacks.

Also who do you like in VF-2?

didn't seem to have the same "team" feel that VF1 did.  Black Lion and Madame Blue are the ones I liked from VF2. There are a couple others on that team that are ok too but those two are the ones I liked.

4 hours ago, Mr. R said:

What is it about VF-2 you dislike?  I admit they are far less powerful, but this is the group you bring out to teach your PC's about tactics.  They should be less powerful than the PC's but tight with combo attacks.

Also who do you like in VF-2?

55 minutes ago, tiger said:

didn't seem to have the same "team" feel that VF1 did.  Black Lion and Madame Blue are the ones I liked from VF2. There are a couple others on that team that are ok too but those two are the ones I liked.

You can always add past Viper supers like Brick till you have a team you like, and call them VF-2.

Which flavor of Zen Team do you like? Super Sentai (give each member a giant mecha, and have them spend lots of time inside it), or Gatchaman (funky weapons, the vehicle only to get them from place to place, spends more time away from the said vehicle, maybe animal style to them)?

...of course, they can have both...

I favor the latter, myself.  I actually had the idea to give each member their own signature vehicle---Zen Lion would have a motorcycle, Zen Dolphin would have an amphibious jet-ski, Zen Rhino would have an ATV, Zen Eagle would have a mini-fighter jet, and Zen Mouse would have a jet-propelled go-kart.  A carrier for all those would be a good idea, of course.

1 minute ago, JmOz said:

I got to thinking about the Zen team, maybe a compromise on their vehicles.  Give each member a bike/car/etc...but allow them to merge to a small Mecha (About a size 5-6 vehicle I think)

The mecha, of course, is a last resort weapon used primarily when there are no other way to stop whatever they need to stop.