Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

I decided not to and went with DF Complication. Was gonna work up a power for it but didn't feel right to me. He takes great lengths to never be seen without his mask. So having it as a power felt wrong. I'm still debating on adding it and updating the PDF.

Well Tiger my 2 cents on Hideous is that it should be written up. A few reasons, what if his mask comes off? GM probably wants to know that. Another is if keeping with 4th version, for someone to trust him, they had to look at his face unflinching at -3 Ego iirc. And I think players really would like to know how ugly he really is.

Easily added, I'd make it +20-30 PRE, NCC, only to cause fear/disgust, only if masked is removed or knocked off.

I'd stay away from Mind Control, it a bit more clunky and you'd have Mental Defense, high EGO plus Mental Combat to deal with. In this particular case I think simple is best

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Easily added, I'd make it +20-30 PRE, NCC, only to cause fear/disgust, only if masked is removed or knocked off.

I'd stay away from Mind Control, it a bit more clunky and you'd have Mental Defense, high EGO plus Mental Combat to deal with. In this particular case I think simple is best

Don't forget the talent Striking Appearance, which can be "good" (beautiful, kawaii [cute]), or "bad" (ugly). The pluses do increase Presence Attacks along with appropriate interaction skills.

I don't think there's been any artwork revealing the unmasked face of Hideous.  If I remember my Classic Enemies, there was a passage in the text about how a PC looking at his face without flinching or some other obvious sign of revulsion required an EGO roll at a minus three (-3).  Other than that it's left to the imagination of the players.

Myself?  I figure he makes Two-Face look downright pretty.

5 minutes ago, FenrisUlf said:

Yeah, that's their names. Thanks.

And whatever the names, I'd still like to see them return.

I believe the true Chinese name of "Red Dragon"is Lung Hunge. And yes, I know I messed up her villain name.

17 minutes ago, tiger said:

will say that I'm only looking at the Enemies books right now.

Was thinking of Sparkler too :)

I wonder what the Spanish word for Sparkler is...

Considering a certain wall, I honestly don't think she would be too happy about it.

I can see Sparkler being a grey character (a "heroic" villain). On one hand, she is deeply protective of female and children. Doubly so if they are illegal Hispanic immigrants looking for a better life. On the other hand, she is willing to kill, and has done so in the past.

Next victim...err villain. Timemaster would make an interesting second being. Especially considering that not only is he fighting to control time itself, but to reestablish his own existence (having accidentally whipped himself from the time stream, only existing without his power suit inside Limbo).

I just mentioned Sparkler in a message above.

Beamline would make an interesting third.

Humm...what would be a backup three if Tiger can't get approval for whatever his next three picks?

I give Tiger free use of my update of Power Crusher (Megacrusher). Bullet might make the 'grey' villain part. Mammoth/Mastodon from European Enemies might be a nice comic relief villain to balance out the seriousness of the other characters.

6 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Perhaps it’s thru Timemaster that all these villains are making a comeback?

That might be a possibility. That might explain the two different versions of Halfjack (the 5th edition VIPER Dragon Branch version and the one which is 4th edition upgraded to the 6ed).

I have permission for several. I'm only planning two in so in the series a year so I have a few issues worth as it is, might add in other series as well.

I will make a list if submission to HG to increase my list as well. Some mentioned here I have the ok for others I will start a new list.

The Geodesics are next and have been cleared. So has Rainbow Archer, Frisbee, Wyvern, Bullet & his raiders just to name a couple. Plan on staying with 3-4 characters per issue.

2 hours ago, tiger said:

I have permission for several. I'm only planning two in so in the series a year so I have a few issues worth as it is, might add in other series as well.

I will make a list if submission to HG to increase my list as well. Some mentioned here I have the ok for others I will start a new list.

The Geodesics are next and have been cleared. So has Rainbow Archer, Frisbee, Wyvern, Bullet & his raiders just to name a couple. Plan on staying with 3-4 characters per issue.

Seem like a reasonable number. So, which variation of Geodesics are your planning to use? And are you planning on replacing Orb?

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

Seem like a reasonable number. So, which variation of Geodesics are your planning to use? And are you planning on replacing Orb?

Why? I mean can you replace an Orb? I know they claim he's dead but they said the same about Prof. Muerte. He seems to be doing fine as of Villany Codex II ?

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Why? I mean can you replace an Orb? I know they claim he's dead but they said the same about Prof. Muerte. He seems to be doing fine as of Villany Codex II ?

Orb is comic book dead. Comic book dead is not exactly the same as real-world dead.

Don't forget Tiger, that you might want to have a look at Dystopia and the Adventures Club issue about Castle Securities. You might not actually use the information in either source, but it will be helpful with the Geodesists, Piledriver, and Critical.

I have and might use some parts, are though Diamond will be more like the original than Dystopia. Also leaning towards moving Geodesics to SIDs Report because of some changes I have in mind. Which would make the next Forgotten Enemies Rainbow Archer, Frisbee and Wyvern if I do.

33 minutes ago, tiger said:

I have and might use some parts, are though Diamond will be more like the original than Dystopia. Also leaning towards moving Geodesics to SIDs Report because of some changes I have in mind. Which would make the next Forgotten Enemies Rainbow Archer, Frisbee and Wyvern if I do.

SID sounds wonderful for the Geodesists.

Rainbow Archer sounds cool for the FE book. Hopefully you have one special arrowhead for each color of the rainbow. Will these be ranged attacks, or no ranged attacks with buying off no range on recovable charges?

Frisbee would be a site to see. Give her a 70's funk vibe and we are set.

Wyvern? Keep in mind that 6ed has very little connection to Alkasaure and Neuron. Of course, your supplement, your decision on the character and their backstory.