Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

13 hours ago, DShomshak said:

And also assuming Jason hasn't already signed the characters over for Tiger's use, which Tiger has every right to ask and Jason has every right to do. I snooze, I lose.

I'll ask Jason if he'll allow it, and then start another thread to discuss which charaqcters people would like to see first. This is Tiger's thread: I'm not going to poach it.

Dean Shomshak

Your characters, if you'll gonna update them go for it. I have others I can do in their place.

Feel free to use this thread or make a new one. I'm happy to share 😀

1 minute ago, tiger said:

Your characters, if you'll gonna update them go for it. I have others I can do in their place.

Feel free to use this thread or make a new one. I'm happy to share 😀

I'm happy to provide the original start, and that it is being used. I already decided that my part, beyond commenting upon things, is over with.

16 hours ago, steriaca said:

Dean, you are welcomed to update your creations. I'm sure you gave some of them new tricks.

And this is my thread. I created it. It is about Tiger's series, so of course he is free to post about work on the series.

Beyond that, I say talk to Tiger. Perhaps he can publish and pay you to update three to four villains of yours which you see fit.

Ah! My deepest apologies, O Misspellian Master! I did not intend to denigrate your contribution in starting the thread. Still, it is for Tiger's work.

Beyond that, we'll see if Jason will go for another "Revised Enemies" project.

Dean Shomshak

2 hours ago, tiger said:

That reminds me, need to go though enemies international file

I would recommend that before European Enemies tbh. Overall, they're more original and inventive concepts, and they'd benefit even more from an edition revision. Michael Surbrook actually did some 4E/5E updating of eight of those characters lo these many years ago. I have the files he posted to an earlier version of his website, along with transcripts of Internet discussions of his updates with other Herophiles. I could send them to you if you'd like to look at them.

9 hours ago, tiger said:

There are some interesting characters in Alien Enemies 😄 Might need a closer look there as well

Downloaded it to get a remember look. It rather lacks solo enemies. Members of alien races, team members, and 4th edition METE.

Othe The Infinite Man makes a rather intresting Beyonder aproy.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Downloaded it to get a remember look. It rather lacks solo enemies. Members of alien races, team members, and 4th edition METE.

Othe The Infinite Man makes a rather intresting Beyonder aproy.

No offense, but I consider "interesting" and "Beyonder" to be an oxymoron. 👎

4 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

No offense, but I consider "interesting" and "Beyonder" to be an oxymoron. 👎

I said "interesting", not "good" or "worth the ink, paper, and storage space".

Something like him can work on the comic book page, but when such things have to be stated?

23 hours ago, steriaca said:

METE might be off limits, as it was part of Allston's universe. I was hoping we'd see them and The Blood as part of the Strikeforce KS. Unfortunately they didn't hit that goal.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, Sketchpad said:

METE might be off limits, as it was part of Allston's universe. I was hoping we'd see them and The Blood as part of the Strikeforce KS. Unfortunately they didn't hit that goal.

If they could do it as a add on , changes are they still might be able to at some point

1 minute ago, Lord Liaden said:

I've heard Internet rumblings that the sales of the updated Strike Force book, outside the backers, were disappointing. So I'm inclined to doubt we'll see METE, the Blood or the Circle in the foreseeable future. :(

Not unless someone writes them, hopefully with the Allison estate permission.

14 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I've heard Internet rumblings that the sales of the updated Strike Force book, outside the backers, were disappointing. So I'm inclined to doubt we'll see METE, the Blood or the Circle in the foreseeable future. :(

I'd like to buy it at some point. Given my crappy internet, though, I have to arrange this with a friend. Apart from practical difficulties downloading, for me to conduct any financial transaction over the internet would be the equivalent of putting all my money in a box on a streetcorner.

The original Strike Force was one of the best game supplements I've ever read. You can learn more practical GMing from Allston than in everything White Wolf published put together, despite their fondness for chapters of "Storytelling" advice.*

Okay, low bar. </snark>

Dean Shomshak

* And I wrote some of those chapters. </humility>

14 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I'd like to buy it at some point. Given my crappy internet, though, I have to arrange this with a friend. Apart from practical difficulties downloading, for me to conduct any financial transaction over the internet would be the equivalent of putting all my money in a box on a streetcorner.

The original Strike Force was one of the best game supplements I've ever read. You can learn more practical GMing from Allston than in everything White Wolf published put together, despite their fondness for chapters of "Storytelling" advice.*

Okay, low bar. </snark>

Dean Shomshak

* And I wrote some of those chapters. </humility>

On 7/30/2019 at 2:26 PM, DShomshak said:

Used several of his creations over the years. Always liked the advise he gave along with the material

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd let you know. Villainy Codex IV is out and Forgotten Enemies 5 has been sent to Jason. He's going ito release it when the Community Project Hall of Champions goes live. #5 has updated stats for The Buffalo, Jabberrock, Pumpkin Jack & Necros. Should be enough to give the PCs some good nightmares. 😁

8 minutes ago, tiger said:

Thought I'd let you know. Villainy Codex IV is out and Forgotten Enemies 5 has been sent to Jason. He's going ito release it when the Community Project Hall of Champions goes live. #5 has updated stats for The Buffalo, Jabberrock, Pumpkin Jack & Necros. Should be enough to give the PCs some good nightmares. 😁

I'm not familiar with Necros.