Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

I haven't seen the updated version of the character, but in her original write-up ORACLE (acronym for "Organic Resistance Against Computerized Law Enforcement") is a cyberpathic super-hacker, breaking into computer systems on behalf of a criminal Cartel. She also has some electrical powers. But she isn't exactly who she thinks she is.

11 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

I haven't seen the updated version of the character, but in her original write-up ORACLE (acronym for "Organic Resistance Against Computerized Law Enforcement") is a cyberpathic super-hacker, breaking into computer systems on behalf of a criminal Cartel. She also has some electrical powers. But she isn't exactly who she thinks she is.

Ah. Ok.

And if I remember correctly Enimies: The International Files was the better foreign enimies book.

Still hopeing for an updated Eurotrash...err Eclipse. Humm...I would probably prefer the original concept for the name, as it suggests idol rich board people playing at supervillains for their definition of fun.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Ah. Ok.

And if I remember correctly Enimies: The International Files was the better foreign enimies book.

Still hopeing for an updated Eurotrash...err Eclipse. Humm...I would probably prefer the original concept for the name, as it suggests idol rich board people playing at supervillains for their definition of fun.

Well, if you don't mind Fifth Edition, Michael "Susano" Surbrook revised all the European Enemies villains on his website, including "debugging" them of their errors in math, as well as things in their write-ups that made no sense.

http://www.devermore.com/surbrook/revisedhero/herorev.html

11 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I dont know if hes rich or not, but this is my all time favorite board people idol:

2cdfa926f2a060aa967c4fd63024b85a.jpg

(You know I do this with love and humor, right?  I have always enjoyed that you embrace your typos. :D)

Enigma, what did they do to you?

Not that we knew exactly what he was besides a human seemly attracted to Neither, the leader of this group. He might as well be a living wooden plank.

Here are my views of Eclipse.

Enigma: I see him as a cross between Tuxedo Mask and a film noir detective. I suspect that he is secretly Neither's familiar (ahla The Familiar of Zero) and boyfriend. I would give him a Mind Link with Neither and a Teleport which is limited (to only transport him to where Neither physically is). It should be noted that he should have a personal Code VS Killing as opposed to a more blanket version, as most of the group can and do kill when needed. Also, he should have an open relationship with Neither.

Godfather: What can I say. I see him more like Giono Giovani than Don Corleone. A hatred of drugs should be ok. Minor mental powers could help him (Telekinesis, Mental Defense, Mental Awareness, Deflection(?)). It is possible that he is born with them, but not a mutant. And I would lose the name Godfather. He is a Sicillan punk and gangster but not 100% in control of crime in Europe, let alone in the world. 

Mandelbrot: Keep him mostly as is. Jack up his intelligence a bit. He should be an all around gamer.

Marauder: Is fine as is, not counting the notes Susano brought up.

Neither: Basically keep her as is. Explain her secret identity as a disguise aura spell. Also give her a secret identity. If she is both a well know lawyer and Neither, then give her a Social Complication of being a famous lawyer (this avoiding the Public Identity/Secret Identity doubleshot Leo had in the Zodiac). Her fixed spells should have a naked Indirect advantage so she can cast spells through Enigma. She should have an open relationship with Enigma. Also, she could use a Variable Power Pool for 'Ritual Magic'.

Shrike: I don't think the hippie angle would work, but playing up the 'calm speedster' aspect is interesting. Maybe a few speedster tricks to round her out (stretching defined as running a short ways out and drag whatever back to her starting position).

And that is my think about the group (along with the group name change back to Eurotrash).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tiger did it again.  Ripper was in VIPER 5ed.

Of course, Tiger's TPP is set in an alternative universe anyways, one which is basically the 4ed Champions Universe had not actually ended, story wise, and sorta fused with the 5ed and 6ed universe (one and the same, actually).

...it should be noted that ALL CAMPAIGNS are alternative universe anyways...

...funny how both of the 5ed characters are both psuedo cyborgs (Halfjack and Ripper)...

On 3/7/2021 at 11:12 PM, steriaca said:

Both semi-related and not related at all, I just spotted the first organization book from TPP. Any plans for a book on little known Champions originations like WITCH?

Haven't thought about it, have to do homework on WITCH not very familiar with them

WITCH was mentioned only in Super Agents and Gremlin's original origin. Basically an all female "woman power forever OR ELSE" agent group.

I believe there wasn't even an agent writeup in Super Agents. I did do a thought thread about 6ed WITCH group, but I have no idea if it survived.

WITCH has never been mentioned in 6E, and AFAIK the scanty information related to it in Gremlin's background from Classic Enemies is all that's been published for it. I couldn't find reference to it on a scan of Super Agents, steriaca. Do you know where it's brought up? Bottom line, though, is that WITCH would have to be built up like a new original organization.

If any "forgotten" org was to be updated, I nominate VOICE. There's a lot of information about it in the old VOICE of Doom adventure module, and VOICE creator Steve Perrin posted more to the forums (which I retained). And I know for a fact that Hero Games retained the rights to the characters.

I admit WITCH is pushing it. Again, no anything from 6ed, nor 5ed, only a vague mention on 4ed, AND the only thing is a mention in Super Agents (pre 4ed). Not even an agent writeup. 

But yes, if you are going to do WITCH, it would have to be "wing it maximum", since all we know about the organization is "all woman criminal organization".

My take is a focus on genetics (plague to destroy all men, create clones as a slave race and to reproduce in their perfect world), with prehaps some political arm and mystical research...maybe. I actually like having the group as a hi-tech organization as opposed to being truly mystical based. Just because the group names themselves after "evil women sorcerers", they shouldn't actually be that.

The group probably isn't quite big (it is definitely smaller than VIPER or DEMON). Honestly, even among man hating females, how many would be both militant about it AND agree to the master plan of genetic death to all men? Prehaps blame the problems of the world on men yes, but replace by force might be easier.