Jump to content

Forgotten Enemies metathread


steriaca
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

What should the acronym of WITCH stand for? I kinda like this one.

 

Women's (of course, this is basically a no men's club, a "She-Woman Man-Hater" club)

 

International (not entirely, but Canada and Mexico are considered another countries, and they might have a few branches in the middle east)

 

Terrorist (they are not only knitting quilts and swapping recipes, they are blowing up buildings also)

 

Coven (Coven has a mystic edge to it)

 

from Hell (tells others to back off, they are not going to play nice at all)

 

What's your choice?

 

Women Itching To Chill Here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tiger said:

I'm willing to hear any and all thoughts and suggestions

I'm kinda stuck on the "man-be-gone" designer disease. That of course can be the ultimate end game. But they need stuff to do before unleashing that. Also, they want to know if there afterplan of one gender reproduction is possible and will work first.

 

In the meanwhile, plots about upsetting man's dominance of the world should happen. Rob banks and give the stolen loot to women shelters. Threaten politians for the passage of a "woman friendly" bill. Murders of known women beaters. Murder of known child molesters. Kidnapping young boys to be a slave to a mystical dominates goddess of semi-Celtic origin. A prison raid to scrounge up new members (female only).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't mind spending $5.00 you might look at Dean Shomshak's Super Mage Bestiary PDF for 4E Hero. It includes an organization for Champions, The Hunter's Moon, which is strongly feminist in outlook (although not exclusively feminine), is patronized by the goddess Hecate, and which practices witchcraft as well as lycanthropy. If you substitute Gremlin-style transformation for the lycanthropy, and perhaps make it even more female centered, it might be a good template for WITCH, or at least suggest some elements you could lift.

 

BTW I remember some discussion on these forums involving players in the very early Champions campaigns, to the effect that the formula which transformed Gremlin was the same as made Gargoyle, the microphone-munching member of the Guardians superhero team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

BTW I remember some discussion on these forums involving players in the very early Champions campaigns, to the effect that the formula which transformed Gremlin was the same as made Gargoyle, the microphone-munching member of the Guardians superhero team.

Yea, according to Gremlin's write-up it the same formula or a form of as I recall

Link to comment
Share on other sites



steriaca said:
Male Supporters of The Cause: "Warlocks".



On 3/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, steriaca said:


What should the acronym of WITCH stand for? I kinda like this one.
Women's (of course, this is basically a no men's club, a "She-Woman Man-Hater" club)
International (not entirely, but Canada and Mexico are considered another countries, and they might have a few branches in the middle east)
Terrorist (they are not only knitting quilts and swapping recipes, they are blowing up buildings also)
Coven (Coven has a mystic edge to it)
from Hell (tells others to back off, they are not going to play nice at all)

What's your choice?



 Funny, that's so close to one I actually used *many* years ago.  The last two where Command Hierarchy.

They were a high tech (alien tech, since their leader was the exiled dictator of planet Medusa) rather than supernatural group, and wore uniforms in black & periwinkle. 

Yes, periwinkle. I was a teen, I cut teen-me some slack.

Decades later I found out black & purple are the colors of anarco-feminism.

Around the same time a less young GM I gamed with also used the acronym, but it was supernatural, each word meant 'witch' in a different language Hexe is the only other one I still remember. 



 
I was also trying to think what WARLOCK could stand for.... and I realized, well, WAR may or may not stand for anything (WITCH Auxiliary.... ?), but they'd certainly be /locked/ ....


 




On 3/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, steriaca said:

I'm kinda stuck on the "man-be-gone" designer disease. That of course can be the ultimate end game. But they need stuff to do before unleashing that. Also, they want to know if there afterplan of one gender reproduction is possible and will work first.

In the meanwhile, plots about upsetting man's dominance of the world should happen. Rob banks and give the stolen loot to women shelters. Threaten politians for the passage of a "woman friendly" bill. Murders of known women beaters. Murder of known child molesters. Kidnapping young boys to be a slave to a mystical dominates goddess of semi-Celtic origin. A prison raid to scrounge up new members (female only).


Hmm... so, as far as killing off all the men, why not enslave them, instead? But, if you're going to, maintaining population shouldn't be too hard. It's far more practical to clone females than males, and the male genetic contribution is abundant and can be efficiently frozen. So you harvest a generous selection of diverse genetic material and you're fine for many generations, until you perfect cloning or become immortal or whatever.

My version of WITCH just wanted to conquer the world and have women rule. Such a modest goal, IDK why there was such resistance to it. ::shrug:: Of course, they did so through terrorism they were particularly fond of assassinating leaders when there was a fair chance of their replacement being female. They agressively recruited supers, hero or villain, too. And, thanks to the alien technology, they'd already conquered and united two countries in Central America and started trying to implement their program... turned out, not the best choice of cultures to try to invert gender roles in, but, when you're an alien dictator sent hurtling through interstellar space, you can't always control where you land. And, it was ultimately all so their leader could uplift humanity and re-conquer her homeworld, anyway. If Earth had already been matriarchal, she'd've come up with some other rationale.
Utlimately, of course, WITCH in my world worked against the 2nd-wave feminism of the day (being actually about equality), and WITCH was just extreme sexism from the other side, entirely counterproductive.
And, yes, as someone said up-thread the whole idea was very 70s "battle of the sexes" the 70s hadn't been over that long. ;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tiger said:

I thinking of going with the original write-up and WITCH is more a homage toward the treatment of supposed witches and their treatment by men during the witch trials

It's your baby. Of course it is how you envision it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Any thoughts on doing a "Battle of the Bands" special with Road Kill and Aragant Anakey. Ok, those are the only bands I know on Champions Universe.  One is a good heavy metal group. The other? Forgettable punk rock cyborgs from Champions Worse Supliment Ever.

 

Ok, you can leave off AA? But there better be another band ready for Road Kill to, well, roadkill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Road Kill was rather lame too IMO, for several reasons. I made an extensive revision of them for my own use, but I think something comparable would be necessary to update them. OTOH Michael Surbrook "debugged" Argent Anarky for Hero 5E on his magnificent "Surbrook's Stuff" website: http://www.devermore.com/surbrook/revisedhero/herorev.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to hear about what you did to Road Kill to make them relative and stuff LL. Many of the villains were not exactly heavy metal enough ( Boomer was practically a Prince/Michael Jackson guy walking around with metalheads).

 

As for AA...the group was at least united in theam. One can chalk upNeon thinking his gasses were Neon as just him being stupid. If one wanted a "Battle of the Bands" thing, you could do better than AA, but if you update them to make more sense then go for it. If not, your only resource is to create your own bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

I would love to hear about what you did to Road Kill to make them relative and stuff LL. Many of the villains were not exactly heavy metal enough ( Boomer was practically a Prince/Michael Jackson guy walking around with metalheads).

 

As for AA...the group was at least united in theam. One can chalk upNeon thinking his gasses were Neon as just him being stupid. If one wanted a "Battle of the Bands" thing, you could do better than AA, but if you update them to make more sense then go for it. If not, your only resource is to create your own bands.

 

I updated AA to 6th Ed and changed Neon's name to Gaslighter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, steriaca said:

I would love to hear about what you did to Road Kill to make them relative and stuff LL. Many of the villains were not exactly heavy metal enough ( Boomer was practically a Prince/Michael Jackson guy walking around with metalheads).

 

 

Okay, sure. :)

 

There were a few things about the group I disliked. One was the names of the band members -- some of them were just uninspiring. (I mean, the Hulk-like drummer was known as ... Ted.) :rolleyes:  Another was too much reliance on sonic attacks by two of its members. I also felt the group lacked a strong unifying motivation and motivator. Their ostensible leader, Heavy Metal, was too unfocused.

 

So, let's start with the name changes, why I picked them and what they represented. Some of these may seem dated today, but I wanted the band members' stage names to have stronger allusions to rock-and-roll, and to be more representative of its spectrum of sub-genres than just metal. Rather like the tribal leaders of Wakanda in the movie Black Panther symbolized pan-Africa, I wanted Road Kill to stand for pan-rock. :rockon: (That would also match up with the variety of visual styles embodied in the characters' illos.)

 

I changed the band's lead singer to a mentalist with Mind Control, Mental Illusions and Ego Attack, called Headbanger. Their keyboardist and chief gadgeteer I named Metal King, a play on Lee Aaron's seminal album, "Metal Queen." I liked Axeman's name and kept it, but made his battleaxe a family heirloom with magical powers, which were activated when he killed a man with it. Metal King built a guitar around the axe.

 

Road Kill's base-player being an ex-VIPER agent, I defined him as having been one of VIPER'S Draysha agents, who could temporarily gain snakelike appearance and superhuman abilities. For unknown reasons his change was permanent, and when VIPER tried to dissect him to find out why, he fled. When he joined Road Kill he was dubbed Pit Viper (mosh pit reference), and his VIPER blaster was enhanced by Metal King and incorporated into his base guitar. He displays his true appearance in the band's act, pretending it's makeup and prostheses.

 

The band's brutish superstrong drummer's birth name was Ted Granger, so I modified that to Grunge, both for its Hulkish sound and to evoke grunge rock. Their special-effects coordinator I renamed Haywire, which I thought better suited the band's anarchic style. She was also the principle driver of the Road Kill road van, which mounted copies of her pyrotechnic equipment with which she could lay down covering fire for her teammates.

 

My version of Road Kill's manager, Damien Falmier, was a failure as a rock band promoter until he tried to summon a demon from Hell to make a deal. He botched the ritual like most other things he tried, and the demon devoured his soul and possessed his body. Now free to walk the Earth in Falmier's guise, the demon gathered Road Kill to do what generations of parents had claimed rock and roll did, corrupt youth and promote chaos. Damien lets Headbanger think he leads the team, but subtly guides him on a hellish path. (You can't tell me you read the name, "Damien Falmier," and didn't have a thought like that cross your mind.) 😈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

My version of Road Kill's manager, Damien Falmier, was a failure as a rock band promoter until he tried to summon a demon from Hell to make a deal. He botched the ritual like most other things he tried, and the demon devoured his soul and possessed his body. Now free to walk the Earth in Falmier's guise, the demon gathered Road Kill to do what generations of parents had claimed rock and roll did, corrupt youth and promote chaos. Damien lets Headbanger think he leads the team, but subtly guides him on a hellish path. (You can't tell me you read the name, "Damien Falmier," and didn't have a thought like that cross your mind.) 😈

You know what would be intresting? If Damien Falmier is the manager of both groups. This, no matter which band wins, what is more important is that HE wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...