Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

Just thought of a perfect Halloween project for Tiger. "Forgotten Enemies: Who Bumps In The Night?".

The Ghoul

The Beast (from in infamous Adventurers Club adventure " What Rouge Beast")

Um...can't do The Monster...how's about the female equivalent? The Monsteress?

That, or the legendary (Monster Of) Frankenstine.

Broder thought...it must really suck to be Princess, especially in her early days. Imagine if you will, your a spoiled woman who's mind has yet to mature. Every time she gets close to a handsome man, WHAM! Her powers activate and she is held captive by thingies created by her own mind. And the figments of her own mind place her in danger. Then she gets saved, "my hero", flutters her eyelashes, repeat.

Mind you, this is before No Concess Control. By now, she should have more than enough control. She still pulls out the phantom illusions when she is board and obsessive with her current crush. (Yanderi much?).

Thinking about "Forgotten Horrors", I can only think of two of them (three if you include Hideous, but I doubt you'll do a repeat writeup). But...

The Ghoul (The Mutant Files, 4th edition) is not so beloved a monster but might wet the appetite for the return of VOICE. Or not. At least you have a sewer dweller to spring upon heroes cause if they are foolish enough to tread into the sewers anyways...

The Beast (Adventurers Club) is much more fondly remembered. Basically a " spider bear", created by unnamed genetics.

If we need more, Chaos King (Enemies, The International Files) looks freaky enough. Same for Pumpkin Jack (same book).

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

Broder thought...it must really suck to be Princess, especially in her early days. Imagine if you will, your a spoiled woman who's mind has yet to mature. Every time she gets close to a handsome man, WHAM! Her powers activate and she is held captive by thingies created by her own mind. And the figments of her own mind place her in danger. Then she gets saved, "my hero", flutters her eyelashes, repeat.

Mind you, this is before No Concess Control. By now, she should have more than enough control. She still pulls out the phantom illusions when she is board and obsessive with her current crush. (Yanderi much?).

This is a bit OT but would it be possible to give someone with this power a Summon (of whatever monster or supervillain they need to be threatened by) that only works when they roll a high enough effect on their Mental Illusion power? As in they make an illusion that feels so 'real' it actually becomes real, at least temporarily?

39 minutes ago, FenrisUlf said:

This is a bit OT but would it be possible to give someone with this power a Summon (of whatever monster or supervillain they need to be threatened by) that only works when they roll a high enough effect on their Mental Illusion power? As in they make an illusion that feels so 'real' it actually becomes real, at least temporarily?

One could make a summon or VPP linked to the Illusion. Cosmic VPP that could change based on the powers of the Illusion based villains

14 minutes ago, tiger said:

Ghoul could be interesting, I'd build him differently I think. May have to do a Halloween edition or at least a "Horror Edition" of SR or FE

Good idea. There are Horror Enemies for 4ed also if you need more monsters.

Not sure if it matters but... background & SIDs database entry complete for Geodesics, so they will be part of SIDs Report series instead of FE. Still have backgrounds on character to do.

Checking with Jason on some of the other villains usage. Will let you know what I find out. Planning next few issues of Forgotten Enemies & SIDs Report will post them here to let you know who is been updated an which series they are in.

Forgotten Enemies is villains from earlier editions of champions that haven't made it to 5th or 6th, except I missed HalfJack being in 5th edition Viper book

SIDs is a series of mostly my own creations. I have added a couple old champion villains most notably Terror Inc., though a more complete write-up is actually in Villainy Codex II. updated Sledge and change Pile-driver are now members of a group called TF-1

I will most likely place Groups in the SIDs series and use Forgotten Enemies for none affiliated villans. I think that would be a good plan anyway ?

I'm tempted to go through Creatures of the Night, Horror Enemies for 4th edition. Mostly cause there is a good chunk of characters which got brought forward (Black Fang, The Devil's Advocate), there are also a few villains which deserve a second look. Also, some of them might make good mates for a "Forgotten Horrors" Halloween edition of Forgotten Enemies. The only 500-pound gorilla in the room is Archmago. Archmago is treated differently depending on the edition (4th edition, he is a litch. In 5th and 6th edition, he is truly dead, and not one of the undead).

26 minutes ago, tiger said:

I already have the line up for the next few issues laid out. They will all have 4 villains each. The "horror" issue is one of them and I have 4 villains. I guess I could do a special larger size issue if I find a few others to add.

Cool. You have your four for this year. But Halloween does come once a year. So, who are you planning for next year?

Also, thus Holiday Time (Thanksgiving to New Years)? Any plans for a special product for that time? "The Pilgram", " Krampus", "Atnas The Taker", " Father Time". Has nothing to do with Forgotten Enimies...

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Also, thus Holiday Time (Thanksgiving to New Years)? Any plans for a special product for that time? "The Pilgram", " Krampus", "Atnas The Taker", " Father Time". Has nothing to do with Forgotten Enimies...

Hadn't thought about it.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Cool. You have your four for this year. But Halloween does come once a year. So, who are you planning for next year?

There will only be one or two more in the series this year. Have other things in the works as well

Looking at the 'monsters' in Creatures of the Night - Horror Enemies, I can see Brother Bone being brought back. He had an interesting backstory, basically proving that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and using evil magic for 'good' is not necessary really doing good.

Basically a Catholic undead necromancer who is conning himself about the nature of his magic.