Worst action movie clichés

Starlord

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

Smart people are always arrogant (and get killed because of it) or evil (and get killed because of it) or both.  In rare cases, they get to be victim (and they still tend to get killed) and it's the hero's job is to rescue or avenge them.

It is as if the only way to demonstrate intelligence is arrogance, or crazy, or autistic. Quiet competence doesn't film well? At least not in action films/shows.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:15 AM, RDU Neil said:

It is as if the only way to demonstrate intelligence is arrogance, or crazy, or autistic. Quiet competence doesn't film well? At least not in action films/shows.

Check out Spectral on Netflix.  A decent, albeit completely implausible, sci-fi flick where the resident genius is overflowing with quiet competence.  :)

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

Check out Spectral on Netflix.  A decent, albeit completely implausible, sci-fi flick where the resident genius is overflowing with quiet competence.  :)

Is Spectral the s-f war movie, where the weapon inventor is dealing with "ghosts" in a war torn Eastern European type nation?  If so, I do agree it was pretty decent for one of those "have a scientific explanation for what seem like ghosts" type of thing. Seemed like it could be someones DI campaign for sure. I do remember the resident genius being competent, but I also remember the leap from "what is going on?" to "we will build high tech laser weapons out of farm implements 'cause trust me I know what I'm doing" all most TOO much of a good thing.

Enjoyable little film, though.