No penalties for Fast Moving targets?

knasser2

I'm converting WH40K units and equipment over to Hero 6e and one of them is a missile system that offsets the difficulties of targetting fast moving things. Speeding bikes, fighter planes, drop pods, etc. It's one of the distinguishing features for this unit. I was going to create some PSLs to represent it and looked in the book to see what the penalties were for a target being fast moving... And couldn't find any. Am pretty surprised. Is this not a thing in Hero? It's a penalty to hit in nearly every RPG system I've played and makes sense to me. Am I just missing it?

14 hours ago, knasser2 said:

I'm converting WH40K units and equipment over to Hero 6e and one of them is a missile system that offsets the difficulties of targetting fast moving things. Speeding bikes, fighter planes, drop pods, etc. It's one of the distinguishing features for this unit. I was going to create some PSLs to represent it and looked in the book to see what the penalties were for a target being fast moving... And couldn't find any. Am pretty surprised. Is this not a thing in Hero? It's a penalty to hit in nearly every RPG system I've played and makes sense to me. Am I just missing it?

Of course, if you were going to talk about what makes sense, someone continually rapidly changing direction is more difficult to hit and someone moving directly toward or away from you, even at high speeds are not hugely more difficult to hit.

Combat is already complicated enough without adding relative velocities to it...though the velocity based DCV does provide an easy way to introduce a flavour of it.