Foswell Syndrome

Steve

Foxbat (secret ID: Freddy Foswell) has the Psychological Complication "Thinks He's Living In A Comic Book (VC,Total)" and acts accordingly, so he would be kind of like Deadpool, I guess.

What if this was a recognized form of dementia in a superhero universe? I've made it as such in my current Champions campaign and named it "Foswell Syndrome" in his honor.

Naming it after the secret ID of Foxbat just seemed to make more dramatic sense to me, so I was thinking about it in terms of using a famous person's name.

Once Foxbat is captured and unmasked, I can only imagine his case becoming pretty famous.

How is this different from schizophrenia? I could see the media or some pop-psychologist (Dr. Phil?) calling it that, but I can't see this becoming a separate disorder. At least not for several years and not necessarily by that name.

FTR, I am not a psychiatrist (I don't even play one on TV ?) so I could be wrong.

I'm not a psychiatrist either, but it seems like it would be a delusion with a specific set of boundaries. If you think you're living inside a comic book, how would you act?

Maybe the wackier, less lethal Silver Age version of the Joker could have this condition.