World Creation Superdraft 2: July 2018

Years had passed, and Stanton's form of worship had grown. Indeed, those who tried to oppress this new cult by force found themselves often failing as the Believers of Stantonism not only fought them back, but counter attacked. In the name of the One Living God crusades began. Many of the City States of Gelmir  were at war with each other, so in other parts of the Infinite World Stantonism found itself growing unopposed to form an Empire elsewhere.

until finally, as Stanton and his army came upon the last resistance within what his empire, that followers of the old gods charged forward though it was a desperate last stand. One warrior, once much younger, holding a relic of Glory in his hand managed to close with Stanton himself. Stanton's powers were many, his defenses had spared him death time and time again. Yet this was not a killing blow, nor was it meant to be!

Instead, the blow struck Stanton, the One Living God, there was a flash of red fire that blinded all and when it cleared, there were TWO Stantons!!

Each one believing in his heart of hearts that he was the original, and the other an impostor!

"I am Stanton!" the one on the left cried! "To me against this pretender!"

"NO, I am Stanton" the one on the right demanded "Rally about me!"

For the two stantons could not stand each other! And each thought the other the greatest evil

And thus was a movement allowed to grow, to succeed and grow again, only so it could be turned on itself in a schism-War!  A War where this new faith broke in even halves and those halves fighting to the last to destroy each other!

And the moon, the great cage? It grew red.

All glory to the goddess of war, and tactics are indeed a part of same.

Aerobell smiled down to see her plans grow to fruition. Her sister might yet break  free, but not this century, perhaps not even this millennium. She had sacrificed tens of thousands to save millions. The God of Chaos might appreciate the irony of causing yet more chaos to check his monotheism, but who knew Brother Chaos' mood? The moon would fill red and strong. Would Truth out her orchestrations, or would Secrets work to conceal them? How would Darkness punish those who went to the Underworld believing in a false god? If at all?  Would she be hailed as a hero by those that knew, or a monster as mad as the wolf she called Sister? 

Whatever was to come, she would deal with it then. For now, she had wars to over see.

Interference: There are two Stantons who are utterly opposed to each other and  locked in bitter schismatic warfare on a massive scale thus feeding the Moon and making the prison of Raya strong again.

Her name was Yohanna.

She was a Stantonist girl of a Stantonist family and had not been raised with the Myths of the Deathless. Nonetheless, she Dreamed.

And she was a quiet girl who watched and listened much. One day as she watched a chrysalis that earlier in the cycle she had watched being woven, and listened to the water and the wind, she heard a Voice.

"I am here."

She shook her head and changed her gaze to look at a great tree, and again the Voice came. "I am here."

A little afraid that it may be some trick of the Wild Magic Folk, she rose and headed to a small bridge across the stream. And the Voice was in the water. "I am here too. I am with you, My child. I am always with you."

She stopped on the bridge and looked into the water. "How can that be? Are you in the cocoon, in the tree, and in the water as well?"

"I am in all things. It can be so, for all things were made from Me in the Beginning. "

"Who are you?" asked the girl, and the Goddess replied with her Secret Name and bid her keep it a close secret, and taught her much she was free to share, how all things arise and pass away because there was no other way the Infinite and Enduring World could have been created, that all things of the mortal world are part of one Being, but not of that Being alone, for She was Herself part of the Council of the Deathless Ones.  And she learned how to teach others to listen, to really LISTEN and hear the Voices of the Gods, which are in all things. sometimes fainter and sometimes all but shouting. There was a Voice in the chrysalis singing of death and rebirth, a Voice in the bridge speaking of how the bridge and the path and the Royal Road and all ways trod by mortals were all connected in an infinite pattern of travel over the world. a Voice in the suns singing of unlimited light, a Voice in the rising tides of night that whispered of a darkness without end....and many other Voices we will speak of in time.

And because you are to be Initiated, I may tell you of the Secret Name of She we usually call Arepo. It is ____ - that almost silent intake of air, as of an infant's first breathing in before the birth cry, or a dying person's last breath taken before the death rattle.

Yohanna was perhaps not the first, but is among the first we know of, who are called Mystics. And among other gifts, we thank Arepo for this, the Gift of Mysticism: The ability of mortals to directly apprehend Divine Reality, to sense the Immanent Presence of the Gods in the world.

My Interference: Mysticism.

O God! I cried,  no dark disguise

Can e'er hereafter hide from me

Thy radiant Identity.

Thou can'st not move across the grass

But my quick eyes shall see Thee pass

Nor speak, however silently

But my hushed voice will answer Thee.

God, I can push the grass apart

And lay my finger on Thy heart!

Edna St Vincent Millay

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises

8 hours ago, Hermit said:

Aerobell smiled down to see her plans grow to fruition. Her sister might yet break  free, but not this century, perhaps not even this millennium. She had sacrificed tens of thousands to save millions. The God of Chaos might appreciate the irony of causing yet more chaos to check his monotheism, but who knew Brother Chaos' mood?

Brother Chaos is pleased, very pleased indeed. 

The upheaval of the Infinite World, even if most of it fell on the civilized lands, has not passed Ut-Mark by undetected. Most of the history of this world has basically boiled down to the folks of the other gods taking lands from the pristine wilderness and turned it civilized and dull. Well, no more. All the wars lately -- especially the War of the Two Stantons -- has lain waste to farmlands everywhere. Now, Nature claims it back. Where wheat and barley once raised their golden heads, brambles now raise their thorns and trees spread their canopies. Where once cattle and sheep grazed, deer have taken their place. There are even strange tales about the Wild Hunt driving folks from prosperous farms in peaceful lands, so the Wilderness can spread.

Ut-Mark's Interference: The Wilderness Strikes Back!

image.jpeg.569261b883ad4aeae307205759931e0d.jpeg

WORLD CREATION SUPERDRAFT

OUR WORLD CREATORS  THIS YEAR (2018) ARE. . .

Pariah Yshic, Mistress of Light!

• Geography. The Night Sky

• Sentient Life. Seraphim

• Gift to Civilization. Intuition and Inspiration

• Flora. Bioluminesence

• Interference. The Pool of Radiance which removes you from Life Cycle  

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Tree of Knowledge

• Secondary Domain. The Suns

• Secondary Domain . Truth

• Secondary Domain: Persistance.

Death Tribble, Amora Goddess of Love!

• Geography. The Ocean Archipelago

• Sentient Life. Humans

• Gift to Civilization: The Temple Of Love

• Flora. Wheat

• Interference: Addiction

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Asha the Dark, Herald of Amora

• Secondary Domain. Beauty

• Secondary Domain. Pleasure

• Secondary Domain. Healing

csyphrett, Roy God of Oceans!

• Geography. Supercurrents like portals

• Sentient Life: Armorsons

• Gift to Civilization. Dark Fleet of Coranon

• Fauna: Storm Tern

• Interference: Roy’s Hand (a hurricane)

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Water Kraken

• Secondary Domain. Waterways

• Secondary Domain. Weather

• Secondary Domain. Sailing

Old Man, Vyago God of Paths and Journeys!

• Geography. Infinite Earth

• Sentient Life. Centaurs

• Gift to Civilization. Tales

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. Dogs

• Interference. Vicaces)

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Vorrn

• Secondary Domain. Time

• Secondary Domain. Freedom

• Secondary Domain: Discovery

L. Marcus Ut-Mark, the Green One, great God of the Wild (Wilderness)!

• Geography. Svartveden, The Unmeasured Forest

• Sentient Life. Di Sma Undarjordi

• Gift to Civilization. Alcohol

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. Bloodberries

• Interference: The Wilderness Strikes Back

• Mythic Monster or Guardian: The Wild Hunt !

• Secondary Domain: Magic

• Secondary Domain / Option: Music, Song and Dance

• Secondary Domain / Option. Madness Furore and Rage

Logan.1179 Gravitus, God of Order!

• Geography.  The Valley of Justice

• Sentient Life. Mondrinu

• Gift to Civilization. Mathematics and Engineering

• Fauna: Horses

• Interference: Earthquakes and Volcanoes.  

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. The Colossus

• Secondary Domain. Earth and Stone 

• Secondary Domain: Competition

• Secondary Domain / Option. The Lodestone

Cancer Anuanu, The God of Darkness!

• Geography. Alam Ghaib, the Unseen Realm (a cavern system)

• Sentient Life. T’skha’morch

• Gift to Civilization. Camera Obscura

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. Stone Ears (Edible Fungus)

• Interference: The Godmaker

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Sansezt Kthp

• Secondary Domain. The Unborn

• Secondary Domain. Mirrors, Reflections and Illusions

• Secondary Domain: The Underworld

Lucius Arepo, Goddess of Death and Rebirth!

• Geography. Sacred Spaces.

• Sentient Life: Hybrids

• Gift to Civilization. Priestcraft

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. Palindromidaries

• Interference. Mindspeech

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Olivus

• Secondary Domain / Option. Air

• Secondary Domain: Interference: The Undead

• Secondary Domain / Option. Mysticism

Hermit, Aerobell Goddess of War!

• Geography. The continent of Gelmir

• Sentient Life. Gargoyles

• Gift to Civilization. Relics of Glory

• Fauna: The Mannamoth

• Interference. Two Stantons fighting each other

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Raya the Great She Wolf of Madness, Rage and Loss

• Secondary Domain. Weapons and Warfare Technology

• Secondary Domain. Fire

• Secondary Domain. Conviction

Sociotard, Dee-Eli God of Secrets!

• Geography. The Lost Path Archipeligo

• Sentient Life. Human-Cat Symbionts

• Gift to Civilization. Psionic/Chi Martial Arts

• Flora. Oozes and Oozemen

• Interference. The Ooze Ocean

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Arachna-Ra The Mummified Spider

• Secondary Domain. Chemistry

• Secondary Domain. Banking and trade

• Secondary Domain. Writing and Poetry

Psybolt, Brother Chao, God of Disorder!

• Geography. The City of Syn

• Sentient Life. Gremlins

• Gift to Civilization. Gold

• Flora. Sugar

• Interference. Stantonism (worship one god)

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Tiamat the Chromatic Dragon

• Secondary Domain. Manipulation

• Secondary Domain: Temptation

• Secondary Domain: Gambling and Games of Chance

On 7/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, death tribble said:

That should be the end of it until the poll.

Unless Old Man says something.

"Master," I asked, "what of the other gods?  Do they not challenge your power merely by existing?  Why do you not war with them, as some other gods do?"

Vyago chuckled.  "All journeys have obstacles to overcome, and paths that are unclear.  I need not trip a traveler that is already lost in the brambles."

I thought about this for a while.  "But Master, where did the brambles come from?"

Vyago just laughed.

Interference: None... or All.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...