Champions Universe Timeline from 2010 - Present?

Kester

Hey all, I'm working on starting a Champions Campaign based in the Champions Universe but in the present moment. I'm looking for an updated CU timeline to include events from 2010 - 2017/2018. Does anyone know of a good source for that? Homebrew is ok if you have one. :)

The closest you can get in published Champions Universe canon can be found in "Galactic Champions'.  If you limit yourself to a range of 2010 to mid-2018, you get the fate of the Edomite's Leap Day Working of 2012 (the chapter on DEMON 3000) and Mechanon's fate in 2017 (the chapter on Mechanon 3000).

When I was writing TASK FORCE (with stories spanning from 1982 to 2017 in-universe), I attempted to stay with known CU canon up to the Leap Day Working.  After that, I jumped the rails and kept going on my own.

Well, as Cryptic Studios purchased the Champions IP for use in Champions Online, developments in that game probably count as "official canon" for the setting. Legendary Hero Games contributing author, Scott Bennie, is a frequent player of Champions Online, and created a free downloadable "Lore Primer" to help introduce players to the setting, providing a condensed overview of its significant elements. One of its features is an updated timeline noting events in the game, with dates corresponding to when they were introduced. The latest edition of the primer covers events through 2017. You can download Scott's fine work here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHmfdC4jXPpVmxGd1ZxcHVfbFk/view

On 6/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, segerge said:

The closest you can get in published Champions Universe canon can be found in "Galactic Champions'.  If you limit yourself to a range of 2010 to mid-2018, you get the fate of the Edomite's Leap Day Working of 2012 (the chapter on DEMON 3000) and Mechanon's fate in 2017 (the chapter on Mechanon 3000).

To clarify, Galactic Champions does not deal with "DEMON 3000." (It does briefly describe "VIPER 3000," as well as the future Mechanon.) The detailed description of the outcome of the Edomite's apotheosis scheme, and how it indeed leads to a potential resurgence of DEMON in the 31st Century, appears on pp. 156-57 of DEMON: Servants Of Darkness.

Assuming you believe her powers to be accurate, one might also look into Miss Crone in Teen Champions According to the book...

2006 ((sometime in the summer)- Kid Samson accidentally kills a man and suffers a crisis of Faith. How that resolves is not mentioned.

2012 - A Meteor heads towards Kansas City, but Barnstormer stops it, and saves the city. It costs him his life.

Sometime, no specific date set, Cantrip is/was kidnapped by Tailsman and tortured. There is/will be/has been resulting trauma. Resolution unknown.

The Motor City Defenders  , of course, break up, each survivor going thier own way, but Miss Crone keeps superheroing, eventually joining the Sentinels until....

2016 or later ('Some ten years from now" is mentioned in the 2005 publication... Rowan asks Miss Crone to take over Ravenswood academy. In the time line Miss Crone remembers? She accepts

8 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

To clarify, Galactic Champions does not deal with "DEMON 3000." (It does briefly describe "VIPER 3000," as well as the future Mechanon.) The detailed description of the outcome of the Edomite's apotheosis scheme, and how it indeed leads to a potential resurgence of DEMON in the 31st Century, appears on pp. 156-57 of DEMON: Servants Of Darkness.

I have both books and and got them mixed up.  I've even quoted the DEMON passage as you referenced correctly in a thread last year. 

This is what I get for posting off the top of my head.  Thanks.

If you are looking for easy fixes, the simplest way to deal with it in a campaign seems to me to add 8 years to whatever dates are used in the official timeline.  

Or you could have the setting be eight years in the past. Honestly, I don’t think most people would notice.

Your campaign world is going to vary from the official timeline as soon as you get started anyway so I don’t see a need to be slavishly devoted to a timeline if the details of it aren’t  easily available.