Sensors for a super vehicle

JmOz

360-degree Radar.  If it's amphibious, Active Sonar. 

Radio, of course. 

I've always liked a combo IR / Nightvision HUD. 

If it's stealthy, I'd consider Telescopic on both Sight and Hearing Groups.  And though it's not a sense, add Eidetic Memory for recording the telefoto lens views and parabolic mike sounds.

Maybe a remote drone (Clairsentience) for scouting building interiors and the like.

3pt Absolute Range Sense is the obvious choice for altitude!

In regards to the thread question:

(Total: 32 Active Cost, 32 Real Cost) HRRP (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Sense Affected As Sight (+0) plus IR Perception (Sight Group), Discriminatory (Real Cost: 10) plus Transmit with Sight Group (Real Cost: 5)

Normal eyesight for its security system while on the ground, at a minimum. Otherwise, you’re just asking for trouble with people sabotaging the plane unnoticed every time the team goes into the field. And I want the craft to recognize it’s me coming back even if I’ve had my arm blown off (which, call me paranoid, I’m not confident could happen with radar senses.)

360 degree radar

Telescopic vision so you can identify what the radar detected, see tail numbers, look at the landscape you’re flying over, etc.

Night vision at a minimum. Since the plane by definition will be operating outdoors rather than underground, I think you could get away with no IR if you’re short on points (even though I like IR).

Skill levels to reduce range penalties on sensor powers.

A computer to monitor the sensors. Radio to contact air traffic control. Mind link to team members and the HQ’s computer for secure communications.

Absolute Range Sense makes sense as an altimeter. (Maybe a limitation that it may only be used as an altimeter?)

Absolute Time Sense and Bump of Direction so the craft can detect when and where it is.

Eidetic memory for sensor records and for loaded memory like world maps, airport layouts and locations, etc. which would come in handy for operating an aircraft.

I’m not a fan of giving aircraft abilities in hearing. I know it’s possible to buy with points but I can’t wrap my brain around a microphone hearing anything but wind when mounted on the outside of a flying plane.

If you want to get fancy, you could detect air turbulence which might clue you in to unusual weather, flying villains, invisible flying villains, etc.

If the craft operates in outer space, maybe detect faster than light travel to give some heads up on approaching spacecraft. (Yeah to make it useful at real FTL speeds such a power could  be insanely expensive due to the distances involved under normal Champions rules. But a craft having that ability is common in sci-fi settings so I’d just GM rule that the ability works and not worry that it detected something that was 898,263 miles away just a second ago.)

7 hours ago, JmOz said:

Almost all of those already on the ship, thank you.  FYI: altimeter would be built as a detect heading, not a detect range (all it does is show your angle to the ground)

No offense but you might want to look up what an altimeter does....

Just now, archer said:

Perhaps so.

I used to work in the airline industry and have seen dozens of movies and TV shows with crashing airplanes dramatically displaying on the altimeter the number of feet before impact dwindling...so his statement struck me as odd.

In any case, the way they do gadgets these days, an altimeter might be an altitude meter plus show your bearings and cook you a short stack of pancakes. Lol.

Almost all of those already on the ship, thank you.  FYI: altimeter would be built as a detect heading, not a detect range (all it does is show your angle to the ground)

Sorry it's been 18 years sense I did maintenance on jet aircraft, I was thinking of what we called an atimeter (Attitude Indicator)

27 minutes ago, JmOz said:

Sorry it's been 18 years sense I did maintenance on jet aircraft, I was thinking of what we called an atimeter (Attitude Indicator)

NP, it’s been 16 years since I’ve been in a 727 simulator.