Selling Dice - Advice requested

So after doing some serious purging and cleaning, I find myself with 948 (that's CMXLVIII) dice! This amounts to an even 9 pounds (4.081kg). 

Even after keeping what I need, and a fair amount of what I want, I'm still left with an obscene amount of dice. The question becomes how should I sell them? A lot of the ones I'm parting with could be sold as sets (ie 7x polyhedrals, 10x d10, 12x d6; combinations of 'pure' color sets and mixed; blanks, specialty). Or I could sell them by weight (1/2 & full pounds?) 

Looking for some advice as how to best go about this.

Cheers

**Not actively trying to advertise here; just looking for advice

**For the really interested, it breaks down to 25d4, 698d6, 38d8, 81d10, 32d00, 35d12, 39d20

First reaction: Only 948?

Second Reaction:

If they're in great shape (not showing wear), maybe at a game convention if they have flea market style setups.   I'd price them at 1/4 to 1/2 cost of new ones.

Some game stores might be able to do consignment, but unsure.   I treat my dice like a dragon even though I rarely game now...

2 hours ago, HaukeaCanada said:

**For the really interested, it breaks down to 25d4, 698d6, 38d8, 81d10, 32d00, 35d12, 39d20

You have almost enough d6's for a good ship-boarding action in the old d6 Star Wars system.

Yeah, I know, kinda low. I think over time I've given away 15-odd lbs to community organizations, friends, etc; sacrificed many to see what they were made of**; lost some to cat, nieces, moves, etc.

I'm still keeping about half, and I've spent the better part of a week slowly whittling them down (my first pass I was going to part with 10). Not really anywhere to sell them where I live (only one FLGS in large area and they kinda, really, abhorrently don't like anyone remotely trying to even come close to treading on their monopoly; even the farmer's markets steer clear of "their" stuff). Was thinking of advertising on those local sale sites, and then if I get desperate try something like eBay or Amazon.

**NOTE: Using a bandsaw to slice into dice is a great way to risk losing fingers. Chisels don't work, and even in a vice a regular hacksaw wasn't too effective.

I've never actually sold any of the dice I've collected myself*, but you might be able to get a quote from Noble Knight Games ( Nobleknight.com ). I've sold some older books for credit in the past, and the deal was very fair.

*I tend to buy my dice storage containers at Home Depot, and I've lost track of just how many sets I have. For carrying to games, I tend to use a couple of storage boxes that I got in a Kickstarter a few years ago (a thick piece of felt covers each to prevent the dice from shifting during transport):

1658298572_d6box.jpg.9c0a1fbe1a64570713a8fc60afe35a67.jpg529183637_Polyhedralbox.jpg.f8b26263b93fc7535d54740064ce501e.jpg